• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, tv horror said:

It's strange but if these issues were for sale in Ireland I'm betting that they would still be left in the box except for the Flash of course.:bigsmile:

i can understand the lack of interest in Showcase 2 and 3....

but you think there would be no demand for a Showcase #1 in Ireland ? 

Wow , actually back in the not too long ago day,  i think Showcase #1 was a top ten Overstreet silver age book 

Edited by 1950's war comics

3 hours ago, tv horror said:

I came across this one today, talk about your reality television.:bigsmile:

i bought Cracked off the shelves back in the day ,.. about twice a year compared to buying Mad almost every issue ...

i liked Cracked too and i remember their big saying was ..."we know we are #2,.. so we try harder" lol 

On 8/6/2018 at 6:17 PM, 1950's war comics said:

i'm thinking that Tomahawk might just be one of the longest running / least collected series out there ???

they have some awesome covers along with the well known Neal Adams covers too

Image result for neal adams tomahawk

That's a harsh cover.  Was that the reason the guy wrote Bone Tomahawk?  Brutal movie.

16 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

and i also will be getting Showcase 2 and 3  i think they are AWESOME !

Image result for showcase 2 comic frogman  Image result for showcase 2 comic frogman

The covers to these and #1 are far more interesting than #4 for me, especially #3!

I have to admit I've never bought a DC Showcase, and to be honest I can't remember ever seeing one on the spinner racks in the UK, though I know they were sold over here. Maybe others were just quicker off the mark in buying them?

7 hours ago, Gnasher said:
23 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

The covers to these and #1 are far more interesting than #4 for me, especially #3!

me too,... and Showcase 2 and 3 are really tough in CGC 6.0 fine or better,... all i every see for sale are low grade issues,... VG at best and they want close to $400.00 for a CGC graded 4,0 on fleeceBay