• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever found anything good at an antique store?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

Not in the last 20 years or so. In the late mid 80s to mid 90s I got hundreds of good comics from little antique stores, piles of 40s and 50s comics. Nothing really anyone would be impressed by, but Batman #100 to 127 from one once, about 15 Archie comics early issues once, all teen and 20s numbers. A few coverless centaurs once, a nice pile of Jungle and Fight comics once. By the late 90s it all seemed to dry up or the shop owner found out there were price guides and priced everything through the roof. I once passed up huge piles of 30s pulps, great ones too like dime mystery and horror stories and stuff. I stupidly had no interest in them back then and passed them up for like 50 cents a piece.

I  was looking at an antique store in Solvang.  I found two copies of of  either the first  or second  Animal Man appearance  in Strange Adventures.

It was very inexpensive,  but stupidly I only took one copy and left the other for someone else

On 2/26/2018 at 2:22 PM, BB-Gun said:

I have purchased a lot of items from antique stores but only a few that were worth keeping.  Most of the time the comics are overpriced.  If they were a bargain, they would be gone.  I paid less than guide for this Sensation 3.

2232226236_3663579f7a_z.jpg

Hey BB, do you hit any of the flea markets in the Amish area like Kutztown or Addamstown? I have done better at them than the stores in the area generally.Always seem that a lot of comics come out of that area. Like just about every where else though, not as available as they used to be.

I saw a large pile of GA at Morphy's store last time I was there but they were priced real aggressive as most things are there. Looked like they were just brought in and all un-bagged. Probably a house or barn find. I did buy a couple of underpriced. Schomburg books but that was it.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:04 PM, Robot Man said:

Hey BB, do you hit any of the flea markets in the Amish area like Kutztown or Addamstown? I have done better at them than the stores in the area generally.Always seem that a lot of comics come out of that area. Like just about every where else though, not as available as they used to be.

I saw a large pile of GA at Morphy's store last time I was there but they were priced real aggressive as most things are there. Looked like they were just brought in and all un-bagged. Probably a house or barn find. I did buy a couple of underpriced. Schomburg books but that was it.

I think the store that I went to in Elizabethtown, PA is where I purchased the Sensation.  I purchased several items in Adamstown and Kutztown but usually at Renningers.