• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bagged Grail, Selling Whales ! NEW BOOKS ADDED PAGE 11
11 11

248 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

DEAR LONELY HEART #7
Grade: 4.0 VG
Price: $150

AUG 1954; Artwork by Marty Elkin and Alberta Tewks.

dear_7_4_20180217.jpg

Was preparing to get on my way to the office, but while having my coffee said let me just peek in here. :takeit:this one has been on my eBay watchlist forever , glad to finally scratch it off.

Did I miss him telling us what the grail was amidst all these amazing cover scans?  Or is he ignoring us on purpose in favor of some big reveal thread?

15 hours ago, jzeze said:

Organs, who wants to buy a couple of my kids, any interest in a 9,7, and 1yr old. Probably could trade them for a bats #1 6.0.

I dunno, what grades are they?

Just now, davebo357 said:

Did I miss him telling us what the grail was amidst all these amazing cover scans?  Or is he ignoring us on purpose in favor of some big reveal thread?

I dunno, what grades are they?

Right now they are mid grade, they are gonna need a lot of pressing over the years to get them NM.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:36 PM, Bunky Brian said:

ADVENTURE COMICS #46 :news:SOLD PER PM
Grade: 1.0 FR
Price: $800

JAN 1940; The ultimate Sandman cover of the run. A combination of balance, color, and style make this image of the Sandman by Creig Flessel the definitive depiction of this fantastic Golden Age hero. Gerber rates this issue as uncommon and the current CGC census certainly bears that out. Front cover detached, no back cover. Flessel cover, no missing pages

ADV_46_1_sd2017.jpg

:news:SOLD PER PM

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:37 PM, Bunky Brian said:

ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #15:news:SOLD PER PM
Grade: 1.5 FR/GD
Price: $450

JUN 1940; Jon L. Blummer super cool cover and great art inside. Centerfold detached, 5 inch spine split. No missing pages, classic cover. Jerome Wenker Collection, Certificate of Authenticity included

ALLAMER_15_15_2017april.jpg

allamerican_15_15_2017april_ifc.jpg
allamerican_15_15_2017april_cf.jpg
allamerican_15_15_2017april_ibc.jpg
allamerican_15_15_2017april_bc.jpg

:news:SOLD PER PM

On 2018-02-27 at 1:59 AM, Bunky Brian said:

CYCLONE COMICS #4
CGC Grade: 5.5 FN -
Price: $500

SEP 1940; Off White to White pages. Charles Quinlan and George Papp art.

cyclone_4_55.jpg

cyclone_4_55_bc.jpg

Never seen this one before. Great stuff, Brian! :applause: 

Not new to the market, and I really can't remember if I posted this in phase 1, I don't think so, anyway, for your consideration, a nice low grade entry level Tec 35,

DETECTIVE COMICS #35
CGC Grade: 0.5 PR
Price: $11,500

JAN 1940; Cream to off-white pages. "Classic" hypodermic needle cover by Bob Kane. It's the main reason this issue is the fifth-most valuable in the storied run of DC's namesake title. Another reason is an almost equally classic splash page of Batman holding a smoking .45! Consecutive Batman covers begin with this issue. Back cover missing. Front cover detached. Incomplete. Small amount of dried glue on first wrap.

tec_35_05_cgc_june.jpg

tec_35_05_cgc_june_bc.jpg

FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND #1
CGC Grade: 5.5 FN -
Price: $900

FEB 1958; Published by James Warren and edited by Forrest J Ackerman, Famous Monsters of Filmland is a hugely influential movie magazine with an infectious love for horror, science fiction, and fantasy. The cover features a photo of publisher Jim Warren in a Frankenstein Monster mask standing next to Marion Moore, his blonde-haired girlfriend.

famousmonsters_1_55_CGC_20170701.jpg

famousmonsters_1_55_CGC_bc_20170701.jpg

FLASH COMICS #3
Grade: 0.5 PR
Price: $400

MAR 1940; Hawkman story. Sheldon Moldoff provided the cover and some interior art. First appearance of King Standish. Front cover and two centerfolds detached, no back cover, no missing pages.

flashcomics_3_05_sd2017.jpg

flashcomics_3_05_sd2017_ifc.jpg
flashcomics_3_05_sd2017_cf.jpg
flashcomics_3_05_sd2017_ibc.jpg