• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DARK MYSTERIES #19 CLUB... because finding this book is just TORTURE!
1 1

32 posts in this topic

By my count, that's 9 copies already here in the thread, plus other copies owned and not posted yet. I was sent a photo via PM by a shy but discriminating gent :shy: of about a dozen copies more. 

For a book that doesn't often show up for sale, at least in my experience!, it's kind of amazing how many of them we have between us.

4 minutes ago, Point Five said:

By my count, that's 9 copies already here in the thread, plus other copies owned and not posted yet. I was sent a photo via PM by a shy but discriminating gent :shy: of about a dozen copies more. 

For a book that doesn't often show up for sale, at least in my experience!, it's kind of amazing how many of them we have between us.

he ain't "that" shy lol

24 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Owners that have purchased the book tend to hold on to it, which is why it doesn't show up for sale. Classic cover, and I just adore mine. :)

1 hour ago, jhutton2 said:

I owned a high grade copy of this book years ago before the stratospheric rise in prices for cool cover PCH books.   It’s one of my hose books I wish I had never sold ?

Man, that must have been a LONG time ago. Books like this have almost always been hot. Glad I bought mine when I did...

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Man, that must have been a LONG time ago. Books like this have almost always been hot. Glad I bought mine when I did...

I can’t recall when it was, I think I paid $500 or $600 for it back in the day and sold it a few years later for just under 1K.  Not cheap at the time, but obviously worth waaay more now.

at least I got to enjoy it for a while ?

If it makes you feel any better, I bought the Church copies of Dead Who Walk and City of the Living Dead from Chuck shortly after he found the collection and ending up trading them away to a friend for God knows what a couple years later. It wasn't really known as a pedigree then. So, out there some where, are these two books without a desigination...  :sorry:

52 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

If it makes you feel any better, I bought the Church copies of Dead Who Walk and City of the Living Dead from Chuck shortly after he found the collection and ending up trading them away to a friend for God knows what a couple years later. It wasn't really known as a pedigree then. So, out there some where, are these two books without a desigination...  :sorry:

Somehow the Church copies are able to be identified. I am not entirely sure how a raw book is correctly identified as being a Church unless it has markings on it indicating it as such.

So...there is hope that they have been graded. :)

59 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

I can’t recall when it was, I think I paid $500 or $600 for it back in the day and sold it a few years later for just under 1K.  Not cheap at the time, but obviously worth waaay more now.

at least I got to enjoy it for a while ?

I had my copy for sale a couple of years ago in one of those VCC conventions done right here on the boards. I offered my copy then for $1000, and I am glad my potential buyer hummed and hawed and passed on it. Love the book.