• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dark Mysteries #19 vs. #10 | Poll: 12 to 11
3 3

74 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, telerites said:

Never thought it would get that high but it comes up rarely and looked solid.  Buying raw on ebay can be a gamble too but the seller has good fb and sells some good books.  

Seller is the equivalent of a top-notch boardie -- all his books are true to the grade. :)

6 minutes ago, originalisbest said:

Seller is the equivalent of a top-notch boardie -- all his books are true to the grade. :)

I figured as much and hope it didn't sound like I was doubting.  I did say it looked solid - just had never bought from him but will follow him.  Lots of good books listed. 

Thanks and same board name here?

11 minutes ago, telerites said:

I figured as much and hope it didn't sound like I was doubting.  I did say it looked solid - just had never bought from him but will follow him.  Lots of good books listed. 

Thanks and same board name here?

Not at all! Didn't take it as doubt on your part. :)Not really sure if he's a board member? I just "know" him via eBay (been there years) and long ago, bought from him without issues. Thing about eBay nowadays is even if something goes awry, it's easy to protect yourself as a buyer. In the case of his books you just shouldn't have to worry. Would love to have chased his recently closed Voodoo 14 (such a great book!) but I knew it'd soar out of my range -- $1337 for a really nice fine. :)

Edited by originalisbest

4 hours ago, originalisbest said:

Not at all! Didn't take it as doubt on your part. :)Not really sure if he's a board member? I just "know" him via eBay (been there years) and long ago, bought from him without issues. Thing about eBay nowadays is even if something goes awry, it's easy to protect yourself as a buyer. In the case of his books you just shouldn't have to worry. Would love to have chased his recently closed Voodoo 14 (such a great book!) but I knew it'd soar out of my range -- $1337 for a really nice fine. :)

Yeah i’ve bought several times from Dave, and have always been pleased if not thrilled. I picked up a few pricey gems last night- some grailly books I haven’t seen available before- like voodoo 14 and chilling tales 15.  The Dark Mysteries was tempting but not at that price, I prefer graded books on anything costing much over a grand.  Dave ships immediately too, last time I got my stuff 3 days after I paid, and packed solid. Prompt  response to questions too.  I’d sure like to see what else he’s preparing to sell so I can budget out the rest of my year!

16 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Yeah i’ve bought several times from Dave, and have always been pleased if not thrilled. I picked up a few pricey gems last night- some grailly books I haven’t seen available before- like voodoo 14 and chilling tales 15.  The Dark Mysteries was tempting but not at that price, I prefer graded books on anything costing much over a grand.  Dave ships immediately too, last time I got my stuff 3 days after I paid, and packed solid. Prompt  response to questions too.  I’d sure like to see what else he’s preparing to sell so I can budget out the rest of my year!

Congrats on the Voodoo 14! (And the Chilling Tales 15 too.) But ah, good taste on the Voodoo 14 -- I think that book is super-elusive, so a feather in your cap for that one especially! :)

3 hours ago, originalisbest said:

Congrats on the Voodoo 14! (And the Chilling Tales 15 too.) But ah, good taste on the Voodoo 14 -- I think that book is super-elusive, so a feather in your cap for that one especially! :)

Yeah Thanks- I don’t think I’ve ever seen that voodoo for sale,  I just typed in a scary large bid and ran out of the room- can’t wait to have it hand. 

18 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Yeah Thanks- I don’t think I’ve ever seen that voodoo for sale,  I just typed in a scary large bid and ran out of the room- can’t wait to have it hand. 

Most excellent book -- I think I saw one copy for sale awhile ago, and it had resto. I think you would have a hard time finding another period, let alone as nice as the one you got! :)