• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just signed up
1 1

57 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2018 at 5:28 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

I am a metal fan but I wasn't referencing anything by Dio with my name. Its actually a Kung Fu move from a sequence called raining fist. My daughter takes Kung Fu and I always hear her teacher saying Ride The Tiger and I thought it sounded really cool. Hence idea for my screen name. I'm class of 85 so yes i'm a big metal fan. :)

Made me think of JS

Just now, KPR Comics said:

Agree somewhat.  I always equate Maiden to Metal as The Clash to Punk.  Just don't know how to otherwise classify each.

The clash were definitely punk rock in their early years, but certainly evolved at the speed of light. The end result for the clash was a fantastic rock n roll band, similar to what social distortion has become.

55 minutes ago, KPR Comics said:

They were amusing, I agree.   Anthrax just played down here six weeks ago.  It's bittersweet seeing these bands still grinding it out and then I look at the crowd and in the mirror and say to myself, "Damn.  I'm old as f***"

I won't embed this, due to my ongoing demerit problem.  Funny as heck, but probably NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-LeKkUsMpE

Edited by lizards2

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I won't embed this, due to my ongoing demerit problem.  Funny as heck, but probably NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-LeKkUsMpE

I was expecting some Steel Panther. :frown:

3 hours ago, TrannyCmon said:

Never said they were. But to say Twisted Sister was/is better than Maiden is crazy talk!

+1000

Ozzfest 2005, Tinley Park, IL, 7ish PM.  Ides of March wraps up...straight into the Murders in the Rue Morgue intro...Bruce comes running on stage and the place goes absolutely mental for the next hour straight. 

While I enjoy the works of Twisted Sister, they could NEVER top a moment like that.

Edited by mattn792

7 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

The clash were definitely punk rock in their early years, but certainly evolved at the speed of light. The end result for the clash was a fantastic rock n roll band, similar to what social distortion has become.

All they wanted was a Pepsi. And we wouldn't give it to them. Just a Pepsi.

I hung around with the Punks of the mid 80s. But I liked Maiden, Priest ect.. a little more. Black Flag Damaged was played so many times at our parties my brain will never be able to erase it.

.......Bass guitar.... TV Party tonight. TV party tonight......

14 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

All they wanted was a Pepsi. And we wouldn't give it to them. Just a Pepsi.

I hung around with the Punks of the mid 80s. But I liked Maiden, Priest ect.. a little more. Black Flag Damaged was played so many times at our parties my brain will never be able to erase it.

.......Bass guitar.... TV Party tonight. TV party tonight......

Still love Black Flag, but Keith Morris era for me

1 hour ago, The Resurrection said:

Still love Black Flag, but Keith Morris era for me

We just get by, however we can.

I waffle between the Circle Jerks original version and the lounge version

Edited by KPR Comics

On 3/7/2018 at 8:12 AM, KPR Comics said:

They were amusing, I agree.   Anthrax just played down here six weeks ago.  It's bittersweet seeing these bands still grinding it out and then I look at the crowd and in the mirror and say to myself, "Damn.  I'm old as f***"

Obituary just came to my city last October.   Awesome show, but the average age of the fans had to have been 40 years.  Some of the audience was clean cut and were wearing collared shirts and khakis, like they had just left their office job.    

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:17 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

Dropping in this thread to say hi. I just signed up and am looking forward to talking with other collectors. I've been collecting comics since the late 80s. Yes that makes me 50 years old. :)  Was there when everyone was loading up on 90s comics due to foolish speculation. Glad thats all in the past.  I guess I need to put info into my profile. I have a few books that will be submitted shortly. You will see me alot in the grading threads. Not an expert (man I sound like an eBay auction) ;) but  I have a good understanding of all the basics. Off I go to do some reading. See you all around.

WTTB Tiger  :golfclap: