• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just signed up
1 1

57 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, NoMan said:

Is Gotham by gaslight a good story?

11 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

One of the  best Batman stories ever.

Yup.  And with great, appropriately moody-and-dark artwork by Mike Mignola and Craig Russell.

Welcome to the boards! Always nice to see another metal fan here.

I am a metal fan but I wasn't referencing anything by Dio with my name. Its actually a Kung Fu move from a sequence called raining fist. My daughter takes Kung Fu and I always hear her teacher saying Ride The Tiger and I thought it sounded really cool. Hence idea for my screen name. I'm class of 85 so yes i'm a big metal fan. :)

20 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I am a metal fan but I wasn't referencing anything by Dio with my name. Its actually a Kung Fu move from a sequence called raining fist. My daughter takes Kung Fu and I always hear her teacher saying Ride The Tiger and I thought it sounded really cool. Hence idea for my screen name. I'm class of 85 so yes i'm a big metal fan. :)

Boris the Bear avatar seals it. You can stay.

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:
23 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Boris the Bear avatar seals it. You can stay.

@porcupine48 will be over to perform the cursory oil check tonight.

50 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I saw Iron Maiden in concert during their Powerslave Tour. Twisted Sister was the opener. I lost a good amount of hearing from that concert.

I saw that tour as well.  Patiently sat through TS (not a fan).  Worth sitting through that for what followed!

5 minutes ago, KPR Comics said:

I saw that tour as well.  Patiently sat through TS (not a fan).  Worth sitting through that for what followed!

I wasn't a fan of TS either. I think Dee Snyder swore more than he sang. I'll never forget The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner. Seemed like the song went on forever.

1 hour ago, KPR Comics said:

If you don’t have Live After Death - get it.  Perfect recreation of that tour, which was one of their best. 

I had it on LP but it saw 1 too many 80s parties. I need to pick it up again on CD.

On 3/2/2018 at 3:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Welcome to the boards! ;)

Ignore the creepy's that's a job for oakman the exterminator!!

There is a thread for introducing yourself :baiting:That's the main difference between us and what I feel the "others" do  we are more orderly with the boards.... there is a newbie thread etc. :foryou: @Ride the Tiger cool username by the way!

:roflmao: They don't call me the exterminator for nothing...:devil:

16 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:
10 hours ago, oakman29 said:

:roflmao: They don't call me the exterminator for nothing...:devil:

Nobody calls you anything. Your board name cracks me up though, as time goes on. "You ever gonna finish that car???"

I call him The Oakinator on date night....., (shrug)