• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is Moon girl and devil dinosaur 28 so hot?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

I really want to make a joke about approximately 3 people on the planet buying it & everyone buying on eBay doesn't want to dig thru the quarter bin to find one. But I'll hold my tongue. 

8 hours ago, Doktor said:

I really want to make a joke about approximately 3 people on the planet buying it & everyone buying on eBay doesn't want to dig thru the quarter bin to find one. But I'll hold my tongue. 

Cover art is horrible. 

A couple notes - just for what its worth. The print run on this book is crazy low - probably in the neighborhood of 7,000 copies - and this might actually be a character that ends up being important as Marvel tries to reintroduce the Fantastic Four back into the Marvel universe. Also Moon Girl is a pretty good read. The art is kind of jarring,  but Moon Girl is a relatively good book.

A final thought - Moon Girl is a good example of how the direct market only sales model is just effing stupid. You know who is buying Moon Girl trades? Black girl tweens who would never in a million years be in a comic shop, but they can buy a trade at Hot Topic.

It's the next "hot" modern issue that everyone wants to have multiple copies of but with so most shops ordering just for folks who have it on their pull list, it may not be so easy.

Having said that, I found a few on the racks yesterday after hitting up 3 shops in search of ASM variants.

23 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

A couple notes - just for what its worth. The print run on this book is crazy low - probably in the neighborhood of 7,000 copies - and this might actually be a character that ends up being important as Marvel tries to reintroduce the Fantastic Four back into the Marvel universe. Also Moon Girl is a pretty good read. The art is kind of jarring,  but Moon Girl is a relatively good book.

A final thought - Moon Girl is a good example of how the direct market only sales model is just effing stupid. You know who is buying Moon Girl trades? Black girl tweens who would never in a million years be in a comic shop, but they can buy a trade at Hot Topic.

Great, now I have to read it. I just can't see a long lasting villain coming out of a book like this.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Great, now I have to read it. I just can't see a long lasting villain coming out of a book like this.

Spoiler

Just as the Silver Surfer is the Herald of Galactus, Galactus would be the herald of Omnipotentis.  While Galactus eats entire planets, Omnipotentis eats entire universes.

Cheers!

It was all sold out at 2 of the 3 remaining comic shops in town (that's 5 down in the last two years... scary), but I was able to find one at 2nC and after calling my LCS and asking if he had it he asked why in the hell I wanted it.  He held one for me and I'm assuming pulled the other one for himself.

But yeah, this thing should have a relatively tiny print run and if it the character really takes off (with or without a successful show), I could see this one being a real toughy down the line.

8 hours ago, cbaileypacker said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Just as the Silver Surfer is the Herald of Galactus, Galactus would be the herald of Omnipotentis.  While Galactus eats entire planets, Omnipotentis eats entire universes.

Cheers!

Sounds like Starlin's villain from the Thanos series. The Hunger? Loved that evil critter.