• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my wonder woman

14 posts in this topic

Attempting to practise grading (we all have to start somewhere)

Can you give us a grade on this comic please? ta

I also put in a clip from a page so you can work out page colour.

wwfront.jpg

WWback.jpg

Page Clip

wwinetrior.jpg

I hang out in the grading forum a lot.

It's quiet in here.

The water cooler is too nasty and comics general is full of girls crying about pressing.

I hang out in the grading forum a lot.

It's quiet in here.

The water cooler is too nasty and comics general is full of girls crying about pressing.

I went to bed. Came back 8 and a half hours later. Logged in and checked the Water Cooler. Over 650 odd posts foreheadslap.gif

I don't know how this can be a 9.0, but I'm new. I see at least 3 spine creases, that "blunted" or "rounded" lower corner, what looks to be a color fleck along the top of the BC (to the right of the TSR box), and a slight miswrap onto the BC.

That's a possible total of 6 defects or flaws or whatever. Can you get a 9.0 with that many?

By the way, does the color of the pages count against the grade? If so, if it's off white, wouldn't that be 7 defects or flaws?

Actually on a whim when i was wrapping a CGC submission up I threw this comic in so i will post CGC grades when i get them! We'll see how good Aces and nearmint are poke2.gif

Actually on a whim when i was wrapping a CGC submission up I threw this comic in so i will post CGC grades when i get them! We'll see how good Aces and nearmint are poke2.gif
Personally, I think you'll be getting back an 8.5, but what do I know? I've never sent in a book.

kiltman, you better hope that the silver age nazis don't see this thread. I cannot think of anything good they'll have to say about you sending in a Wonder Woman from the 80's that may not even have a chance at a 9.X grade of any kind. 27_laughing.gif I personally don't see a problem with it, but you know, my opinion is not highly thought of around here. And if someone sees you spending $$ on grading fees and shipping on something like that, I see flamage in your future. But I hope for the best for your books. May you get high grades. flowerred.gif

Cheers for the kind words hobby. If anyone has an issue with the books i send in then they can go 893censored-thumb.gif themselves. They're my books , my money and my enjoyment. Not theirs. Thats that said to no one in particular insane.gif

This last submission was for 15 moderns. (Curtosy of my father as a birthday present) and it cost me £12 to ship out ($22) and will cost about $30-40 to be shipped back.

$22 is all? Not nearly as much as I thought. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think I'm going to sub 3 or 4 books in the upcoming month. All four of them I'm sure at least half of the forumites would laugh at, but as you said, they can go do that thing that you suggested wink.gif