• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lucas museum breaking ground
1 1

31 posts in this topic

Not sure about the ASM # 1 annual. Never heard anything about that. But who Knows

I also wanted to ask since some of you here may also be well informed, has anyone ever heard anything about the Amazing Fantasy #15 cover ? just curious

Edited by MarvelComicsArt

1 hour ago, MarvelComicsArt said:

Not sure about the ASM # 1 annual. Never heard anything about that. But who Knows

I also wanted to ask since some of you here may also be well informed, has anyone ever heard anything about the Amazing Fantasy #15 cover ? just curious

Lucas owns it.....??????

Edited by kat123

6 hours ago, wurstisart said:

Any news here ?

where is marvelcomicsart ?

Any news on the existance and known whereabouts of the ASM 1 Cover ?

This post was very interesting but then all in a sudden it all got very silent here. 

Alas, poor MarvelComicsArt...I fear he may have been "disappeared" as he was...

TMWKTM.jpg.9e59bdb23d21a45d9cb3b6f3bfb72ab3.jpg

38 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Can’t believe Chicago lost out on this museum. It was all but a done deal. 

I was actually OK with that. While I like Lucas, I love Star Wars and I love American illustration and art, that was some primo real estate on the lakefront just to house one guy's (albeit a billionaire) personal art collection and Star Wars knicknacks. Better to see the city come up with  a better use for it or just let it go fallow. As much as I love a good tailgate for seven home games a year (excluding playoffs), I'd still be overjoyed to see the Soldier Field parking lots go underground though and convert that into parkland.

On 8/26/2018 at 10:43 PM, Unca Ben said:

Maybe it's just me, but collecting original comic art can be a weird hobby.  Are other hobbies like stamps, coins, posters or vintage toys just as covert?

The covertness only applies to the stolen art, mainly early Marvel art.  Presumably, there are guys who worshipped Kirby and Ditko, yet were buying up stuff like the covers to AF 15 and ASM 1 without any regard to the fact that the art had been stolen from Marvel or/and the artists like Ditko and Kirby.  

At least the person who donated the AF 15 interior art to the LoC asked Ditko if he wanted it back first.  The LoC, interestingly, has basically admitted that art was stolen, but they don't care because they hope for more donations of similar art.  The major early Marvel art probably should be in a place like the LoC or the Lucas Museum.  But, an argument can be made it really should be repatriated.