• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chip n Dale first appearance in comic book.

12 posts in this topic

I am current research on first appearance of Chip n Dale. All sources keep stated their first comic series was four color #517, but did they appeared in other comic book title before November 1953 as first appearance instead of Chip n Dale’s “#1” issue?

This is what claimed as #1...

AD355851-9C5B-4FF8-9C66-25DB3ADFB3EF.jpeg.da5e139c6b28aafb48d2028b6762120b.jpeg

If this is a true Chip n Dale’s first appearance then let me know. Thanks. :)

7 minutes ago, sagii said:

Am i the only one pining for a crossover between these duos

Only time will tell, but my suspicion is 'yes' :D

12 minutes ago, sagii said:

Am i the only one pining for a crossover between these duos: Warner Bros. (knock off?) 'Goofy Gophers' Mac and Tosh. The pair were overly prim and proper, but hey, they were Brits! (:

They were also gray at first....and then brown the rest of the cartoons!

4 minutes ago, martini25 said:

They were also gray at first....and then brown the rest of the cartoons!

Shades of the Incredible Hulk, who found out decades later gray wasn't where it's at  :D

Thanks for posting the Short. Saves me from popping in the DVD.

11 hours ago, Arkadin said:

Have to say, I'm curious why anyone on God's green earth would want to know about the first appearance of Chip and Dale.

Oh, sorry... Chip 'n' Dale.

History behind the Chip ‘n’ Dale. My best friend and I have grew up together since we were toddler. Now we are collectors and business partner. We would like a rare comic book that represent us and hang in our office. We choose Chip ‘n’ Dale because our mothers always called us that phrase. During our childhood, we climbed trees often and we actually have someone represent Donald Duck. It’s my older brother. Based on mothers observation between three of us. My best friend and I always being inseparable and my brother always pissed when we both hang around at my place. xD

Thats why I am asking for confirmation for first appearance as overstreet and google didn’t help anything until Get Marwood & I mentioned. He helped me pinpoint the right issue. Now my best friend and I are in hunt for that copy. :whee:

Thus it’s reason why I want to know. I hope I answered your question.

Edited by Aslpride8

That's a great story, Aslpride8, and it's very cool that you and your friend have gone from climbing trees to being in business together.

That Chip 'n' Dale comic is going to be a great conversation piece for your office. 

(thumbsu  Thanks!