• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What kind of error is this?

8 posts in this topic

Im looking for understanding on this type of error as it pertains to grading. 

As you can see it lies flat so to me is not spin roll imo.

What kind of error is this called. Is this bindery?

How does it impact grading? major, minor not at all?

IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

There are a lot of ASM 361's out there and if you look for this particular kind of mis-wrap your pics show it is highly prevalent, at least in these 1st printings. I own 1 9.8 1st print copy with a miswrap only slightly less severe than yours.

I also have a 2nd printing in 9.8 with perfect wrap(silver background); the 2nd prints all seem to have great alignment.

On 3/25/2018 at 10:35 AM, NWOslave said:

This place must be lacking any experienced graders. 22 views and not one reply. 

I think nobody is responding because we don't see the 'error' you are referring to ? What do you see that bothers you ? I see nothing out of the ordinary.

48 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I think nobody is responding because we don't see the 'error' you are referring to ? What do you see that bothers you ? I see nothing out of the ordinary.

I agree. No errors are evident from the limited view the scans show. I don't know if it's the lighting, but the white of the spine (the back cover that shows to the front, probably from mis-wrap; which is hard to tell if that's what it is lacking full front and back cover scans) looks splattered. Almost like a dusting of stray distributor spray. I'm going to assume that's the lighting. The book appears flat as well as tight, the spine appears to not be rolled, but scans showing that the front and back corners and edges are flush, that is, no signs of the undue fanning out that a rolled spine produces, would confirm that this is simply mis-wrapped, factory wrapped askew, and the showing white of the back cover not the byproduct of a rolled spine. A book can have a rolled spine and be flat as well! The West Coast Costanza'ed reverse rolled/realigned spines have that characteristic.

Edited by James J Johnson

I've learnt two things from this thread:

1. It's mildly annoying when the questioner fails to return to respond to the answers to their question 

2. @Joosh has a cool avatar :smile::)