• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little Carousel of Comics
1 1

67 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jim Corrigan said:

Robert, that Exciting 57 is gorgeous!  I think I'm in love.  I know you hate to part with it.  GLWTS.

Top of the morning to you Jim, yeah, this copy had most of what I was looking for, including a date stamp on her lovely tender thigh, one of my friends said to me "yeah, cool date stamp, its like she's got some kind of sexy tattoo on her leg..." and my first thought was "thanks...now its even harder to sell it..." lol

I think its the best of the many jungle girl covers, so many jungle girls I cannot keep track, but I always thought imo this was the best composition as a cover... 2c

9 hours ago, crassus said:

Top of the morning to you Jim, yeah, this copy had most of what I was looking for, including a date stamp on her lovely tender thigh, one of my friends said to me "yeah, cool date stamp, its like she's got some kind of sexy tattoo on her leg..." and my first thought was "thanks...now its even harder to sell it..." lol

I think its the best of the many jungle girl covers, so many jungle girls I cannot keep track, but I always thought imo this was the best composition as a cover... 2c

Yes, this cover certainly ranks up there with some of my favorite Jumbo Comics and Sheena covers.  What's not to love about strong women who get the job done and have such a flair for fashion while doing it? :luhv: 

Fantastic Four 89 5.0 (Bright & glossy; mod spine & edge wear; cb crse br crnr fc; faint d-stamp upper r-edge fc above Reed's fist; most of the wear on the back; multiple cb & ncb crses/folds top edge bc & both crnrs bc; mod foxing & ink transfer bc; light tanning interior cvrs, a solid reader and) Claimed 

FF-89-fc.jpg

FF-89-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Incredible Hulk 153 7.0 (Bright & glossy; presents better but 1" by 1/4" stain lower r-edge fc at crnr not visible in scan, but clearly visible from inside cvr; otherwise mod spine stress & light edge wear; v faint mainly ncb fold br crnr fc; cb crse ur crnr fc; light foxing & ink transfer bc; light foxing interior cvrs) $5.00

Hulk-153-fc.jpg

Hulk-153-bc.jpg

Incredible Hulk 213 9.0 (Bright & glossy; generally v light wear only; light spine stress bc; partial cb crse/fold left top edge bc; v sm staple tear btm with sm adjacent stain, not rust, staples clean, light foxing & ink transfer bc; just shy 9.2) $4.00 

Hulk-213-fc.jpg

Hulk-213-bc.jpg

Incredible Hulk 272 8.5 (Bright & glossy; structurally 9.2 but sm 1/8" x 1/8" stain br crnr fc and thru to inside cvr limits the grade; sm rough spot upper r-edge fc on Sasquatch's hand not visible in scan is the result of a printing defect visible from the inside cvr; otherwise v light spine & edge wear only light foxing & ink transfer bc) $5.00

Hulk-272-fc.jpg

Hulk-272-bc.jpg

Iron Fist 1 8.5 (Bright & glossy; v light spine & edge wear, mainly visible cb spine stress which determines grade; otherwise v light wear only; sm faint ncb fold bl crnr bc; sharp but ncb prntr's fold btm fc not visible in scan; light foxing & ink transfer bc) $60.00  SOLD

IF-1-fc.jpg

IF-1-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Journey into Mystery 86 6.5 (cracked out CGC 6.5 OW-W old label, label incl; structurally better but 2 main defects; slight fading to colours visible in "Mystery" & in the reds in Thor's cloak, compared to other copies & sm partial cb impact br crnr fc effects whole book, less visible fc & more bl crnr bc; otherwise light spine & edge wear, mainly btm edge bc; sm mark right top edge fc over "I" is prdctn ink defect not tear; prntr's crse r-edge fc; red dstrbtr's spray top edge; large "1156" # stamp btm margin inside bc; light foxing & ink transfer bc; v light dust shdw l-edge bc; light tanning interior cvrs) $300.00  SOLD

JIM-86-fc.jpg

JIM-86-bc.jpg

JIM-86-inside-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Journey into Mystery 122 8.0 (Bright & glossy with strong colours; mod cb spine wear & light edge wear; cb spine stress mainly upper spine near "Where"; otherwise light wear with mis-wrap the biggest defect, d-stamp in "R" in Thor; faint d-shdws btm & l-edge bc; light foxing & ink transfer bc; light to mod tanning halos interior cvrs) $45.00  SOLD

JIM-122-fc.jpg

JIM-122-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

That will be all for this evening, back tomorrow with Thor and a few odds and ends, many thanks to everyone for having a look and hope you are all enjoying the holiday :smile: