• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA: the MIXED GRILLE edition is CLOSED!
2 2

231 posts in this topic

Greetings,  Gang!  

Mixed  Grille  time  again,    bits  and  pieces  from   the  Forties,  Fifties,   and  Sixties, 
and  nary  a  theme  in  sight,   I'm  all over  the  map  this  time. 

A  few  Torchys,     bit  of  science  fiction,  pre-JLA  Brave  and  Bolds,   couple  nice  Golden  Agers, 
couple  teen  humor  books,   funny  stuff,  PCH,   a  western  or  two,   you name it. 

I'll get  started  shortly,   in  the  meanwhile:  

DA RULEZ
I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.
Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me
and we'll work something out.

:takeit: rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.
$8  Priority flat shipping to the USA,  one book or a stack.  Canada or overseas to be determined. 

For the bargainminded  I can ship one or two books  First Class for  $4
CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.  
If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.
Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.
My Kudos thread:
Edited by catrick339

Four  Color  172

Christmas  with Mother  Goose,  by  Walt  Kelly

Plenty of  general  wear,  but  it  lies  flat,   tight  spine  and  CF,  offwhite  pages. 

Grab   a  classic  for  $25  SOLD!

R9wiMYI.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Torchy 5

Ward  cover,   nine  page Ward  story  inside, and she's never looked better. 

Flat  with good  gloss,  tight  with  white pages,  but  plenty  of  general  wear,  and two pieces out  of  lower  edge
BC,  about  quarter  sized  or so,   smaller  piece  and  tear  out  last page.  Nips  about  1/8 x 1/8  out  of  lower  edge
of  the  last  panel,   affects the story  not  at  all. 

Grab  a little   1950's  bombshell  for  $140  SOLD!

cakNNcP.jpg

Edited by catrick339

3 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Torchy 5

Ward  cover,   nine  page Ward  story  inside, and she's never looked better. 

Flat  with good  gloss,  tight  with  white pages,  but  plenty  of  general  wear,  and two pieces out  of  lower  edge
BC,  about  quarter  sized  or so,   smaller  piece  and  tear  out  last page.  Nips  about  1/8 x 1/8  out  of  lower  edge
of  the  last  panel,   affects the story  not  at  all. 

Grab  a little   1950's  bombshell  for  $140

cakNNcP.jpg

Take

Konga 7

Woo  woo,   Ditko  through  and  through!

Flat   clean  and  square,    tight  and  glossy  with  white  pages. 

Bit  of  general  wear,    nice  looking  copy.  

Asking  $25

ek6NLDh.jpg

Journey Into Mystery 60

Small corner off  upper  LH  FC,   2"  tear  LH  BC.  Otherwise   some  general  wear  on  a  flat  tight  copy  with
white pages. Kirby  and  Ditko!

Asking  $50

wDVeeRp.jpg

Mr. Anthony's  Love  Clinic #1

Well now,   here's  one  I've never  seen  before.  Early  Hillman  romance  comic. 

A whiff  of  spine  roll,   general  wear,  upper  staple  is hanging on  by  a  thread. Interior  is  tight  with  offwhite pages, one inch  tear  
LH  edge  back  cover.   Nice  photo  FC,    solid  lower  grade copy.

Asking  $60

eKMTplq.jpg 

Well,  that  was  interesting!

Someone  must've  T-boned  a  phone  pole  somewhere  nearby,  we  lost  power  for  a couple  seconds,  and I  had to restart  everything. 

Police  Comics 115

Pieces out  FC, tape  along  spine  inside  FC,    stains  BC

Solid  enough  reader for  $10  SOLD!

OagAJKR.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Young King  Cole V3 #8

So!   Young  King  Cole  was  evidently the   kid  brother of    Cole  from  the  4Most  title,   and  he's  a
Detective  Agency  Mastermind.   I  know  this  because it  says   so  right  on  page 1,  lol

These  are  actually   pretty  solid  crime/detective  stories,    I've   read a number of them  over  the years. 

Chipping  along  RH  edge  FC  and  LH  edge  BC,  otherwise  a  very solid  copy

Asking  $20  SOLD!

agfydJE.jpg

Edited by catrick339

1 minute ago, catrick339 said:

Young King  Cole V3 #8

So!   Young  King  Cole  was  evidently the   kid  brother of    Cole  from  the  4Most  title,   and  he's  a
Detective  Agency  Mastermind.   I  know  this  because it  says   so  right  on  page 1,  lol

These  are  actually   pretty  solid  crime/detective  stories,    I've   read a number of them  over  the years. 

Chipping  along  RH  edge  FC  and  LH  edge  BC,  otherwise  a  very solid  copy

Asking  $20

agfydJE.jpg

I'll take it

2 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Young King  Cole V3 #8

Asking  $20

agfydJE.jpg

Take

1 minute ago, JustJimN said:

That's what happens when you're old.

I  don't  want to  talk  about it...sigh...