• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA: the MIXED GRILLE edition is CLOSED!
2 2

231 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

We've  made it!  The  countdown is  complete!

Torchy #1

Bit of spine  roll,   tear at lower  staple,  goes  a quarter inch  through  entire  spine,  chipping  upper  RH
edge FC,  and  the  elephant  in  the  room:  large  corner off upper   LH BC,  see  the  second  scan. 

Tight  with  cream - offwhite  pages,   and there  are  a  couple  nice lingerie  panels.

Asking   $200

pcXmlYA.jpg

HmY0dDT.jpg

:takeit:

Here  are  the  last  two  books  for  the  evening,  and  for the  thread.

They're  rare,   they're  hybrids,   they're   pre  WW 2,  they're   oddballs. 

Don  Winslow of the Navy  #1,   from  1937.   Not part  of  the  Fawcett  series,  predates  it  by  over  five  years. 
96 pages,    stapled  spine,   and  it's   a  hybrid.    Mostly   a  pulp  magazine  in  comic  format  with  text  stories
featuring  spot illustrations,  along  with  sixteen  pages  of   regular  four  color  comics.  

I've  shown  them  to  a  few  comic  dealers,   they've  never  seen  them,    I  got  in  touch  with  a  pulp  dealer
or  two,   they've  never  seen  them,   the  gent  I  bought  them  from  had only   ever  seen  one other issue. 

Tear on  the front of both  staples,  but  cover  still  firmly  attached  to  the  back  side,  otherwise  a  bit  of  general
wear  on  a  tight  glossy   copy with offwhite  pages

Asking  $1400

fyJjY0d.jpg

Don  Winslow of the Navy 2

Second  and last issue,   same format.   Text  stories with  illos,  16  color  pages 

Small  tear  upper  RH  edge  FC,  dogear upper  RH  FC, otherwise  flat  and  tight,  glossy,  offwhite  pages, 

Asking  $900

dT5xoVs.jpg

And that,  folks,  is  that.

I'm  shutting  things  down  at  9:30 PM,   that  gives  you  all  about  40 minutes  to   review  the  thread  and make final purchases
or  send   some  PM  offers,  check  the  recap  on  page  10.

Take  your  time,  make  up a  bundle  and   send it  to me,   let's cut a  deal!

Invoices  start  rolling  out  after  9:30,  and  anyone  who  insists  on  paypal  will  need  to  get   it  to  me  by tomorrow
afternoon if  you  want  a  prompt   shipment,    I'll  drop  the last of them off  Thursday  morning,  and  won't be  able  to
ship  anything  else  until  the following  Monday  or  Tuesday.

All  righty!  This  thread is  closed. 

Invoices  start  rolling  out   as  fast  as  I  can  type!

My  sincere  thanks  to  all  lookers  and  buyers,    a  mighty  fun  thread!   Well,   except  for the skunk-sprayed  dog,   lollol 

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

We've  made it!  The  countdown is  complete!

Torchy #1

Bit of spine  roll,   tear at lower  staple,  goes  a quarter inch  through  entire  spine,  chipping  upper  RH
edge FC,  and  the  elephant  in  the  room:  large  corner off upper   LH BC,  see  the  second  scan. 

Tight  with  cream - offwhite  pages,   and there  are  a  couple  nice lingerie  panels.

Asking   $200  SOLD!

pcXmlYA.jpg

HmY0dDT.jpg

Ha! the "elephant is the room" is that someone went to art college on the front cover
drawing glasses, beards and mustaches on all the guys here! Hilarious! 

Congrats to the buyer and seller!

lol

2 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Adventures of Mighty Mouse 3

Pulled  lower  staple,    small split  lower  spine,  touch of  spine  roll,   general  wear.   One  small  tear  on  CF  inside, 
barely  touches  the art.  Otherwise  tight  with offwhite pages.

Asking $35

zWxgRq8.jpg

Take

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

R. Crumb Sketchbook  Volume 1  softcover,   first  print

Flat and clean,  with  a bumped  corner lower  RH  BC 

Full  of  nekkid  people,    you must  state you are  eighteen  or over,  in  writing,    or I  will  not  send it to you.

Asking  $20

WIXO462.jpg

Take. Over 18 but less than 100.

All  right!  Late  breaking  sales!  WOO WOO! 

Adventures of Mighty Mouse 3  is  SOLD!
R. Crumb Sketchbook  Volume 1 is  SOLD!

Thanks  Jim!