• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

interesting way to sell on ebay
1 1

15 posts in this topic

ran across this on ebay and thought what an interesting way to sell your item.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-HUSH-comics-U-PICK-608-2nd-609-610-611-612-BW-613-614-615-616-617-618-619/182896812864?hash=item2a957fe340:m:mAzF565-MoIHvZ_1CJ0jFdA

This listing  always defaults to a low price and includes some key books so its always in the low price rotation during a search but i wonder if this violates some way to sell on ebay. Its not mine but wish i had thought of it 1st

Not really. This feature was recently implemented by eBay in the collectibles category among others (I think it was only used in fashion/clothing category before). I noticed this first multiple type listing 3-4 months ago by one seller. Now there are many that uses this strategy. It actually is a way for sellers to add multiple listings into one (as opposed to multiple similar units in one) 

It is in their spring update. Just wait to this type of listings will be done across sellers following an amazon format.

crossings that collectibles will be exempted, but not hopeful

I honestly am not opposed to it as a buyer. But it doesn't make sense to me AT ALL as a seller. Reason being: if u create a listing like that as a seller you would be billed for the amount of listings within that one listing as individual listings. Example; if I have a run of 20 consecutive asm issues within one listing, eBay will count them as 20 listings towards my allotted listing count and further bill my account (if applicable) for 20 seperate listings. No thank you

On 3/31/2018 at 10:30 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Not really. This feature was recently implemented by eBay in the collectibles category among others (I think it was only used in fashion/clothing category before). I noticed this first multiple type listing 3-4 months ago by one seller. Now there are many that uses this strategy. It actually is a way for sellers to add multiple listings into one (as opposed to multiple similar units in one) 

Yes, noticed this more and more recently, and I honestly kinda like it. Seems like a good way to group similar items into one listing, one stop shopping for the buyer. I first noticed it with loose GI Joe figures a few months ago, and have noticed it spreading to comics more recently. I haven't done any listings that way myself, but I'm curious about how the sellers like it so far.

35 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yes, noticed this more and more recently, and I honestly kinda like it. Seems like a good way to group similar items into one listing, one stop shopping for the buyer. I first noticed it with loose GI Joe figures a few months ago, and have noticed it spreading to comics more recently. I haven't done any listings that way myself, but I'm curious about how the sellers like it so far.

I've noticed this method as well, typically on listing for video games, where the seller may have a 2 for $15 deal and you select the 2 you want. Only problem I see though is that the drop-down list is the only thing that gets updated (grays out items no longer available), so you don't even know if the 2 that YOU want are even available.

11 hours ago, speedcake said:

I thought sold out items disappeared, or at least that this is an option? So if the one you want is listed say in the description as available but missing from the drop down then you know it is sold out. Is that not the case?

Something like the listing below, description doesn't list games, you have to open the drop down to see whats in/out of stock. Not a huge deal, just a little annoying.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Authentic-Gameboy-Advance-Games-Lot-Plays-GBA-SP-DS-DSL-Mario-Pokemon/401513397906?hash=item5d7c103e92:m:mMBRlYtI0GUAuK_FLtKevLg

ah ya ok, just meant that the sold outs are missing from the list. So the only way to know that is to check the drop down. Annoying, but overall I don't think I mind this kind of listing. an ebay store is an ebay store. I WOULD mind if there is no image of what I'm shopping for. In the case of comics, I like lots of images. So that's going to be severely limited with this kind of listing. I can see it being great for a ton of other types of goods, though.

On 4/1/2018 at 10:36 AM, Aweandlorder said:

I honestly am not opposed to it as a buyer. But it doesn't make sense to me AT ALL as a seller. Reason being: if u create a listing like that as a seller you would be billed for the amount of listings within that one listing as individual listings. Example; if I have a run of 20 consecutive asm issues within one listing, eBay will count them as 20 listings towards my allotted listing count and further bill my account (if applicable) for 20 seperate listings. No thank you

I'm still curious about this. I think I see what you're saying, but is that different than if you had 20 individual listings? You'd still have 20 counts against your total and fees for the 20 listings, right? Like, I have a store that gives me 1000 "free" listings (still paying for the store, of course) per month. So, say I had a huge run of BloodStrike (but not a complete run that I could sell as a complete set) it might make sense to list all of the issues together in one spot, so that a shopper could pick the issues they needed for their runs without going to several different listings. Like you'd do at, say, MCS. Whether I do it in a single listing or as 20 individual listings, am I going to pay the same? I haven't tried this yet and am poking around a bit, am curious about any sellers that have used it and how they feel about it, and advantages or disadvantages.

20 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I'm still curious about this. I think I see what you're saying, but is that different than if you had 20 individual listings? You'd still have 20 counts against your total and fees for the 20 listings, right? Like, I have a store that gives me 1000 "free" listings (still paying for the store, of course) per month. So, say I had a huge run of BloodStrike (but not a complete run that I could sell as a complete set) it might make sense to list all of the issues together in one spot, so that a shopper could pick the issues they needed for their runs without going to several different listings. Like you'd do at, say, MCS. Whether I do it in a single listing or as 20 individual listings, am I going to pay the same? I haven't tried this yet and am poking around a bit, am curious about any sellers that have used it and how they feel about it, and advantages or disadvantages.

You will be billed for each count of Bloodshot issue as an individual listing whether its listed by itself or collectively in that multiple listing method. So, if you have ONE multiple issue listing of bloodshot which consist of 20 issues, you will be billed for 20 listings.

To demonstrate:

Seller bestcoastdeals has 4 listings on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestcoastdeals/m.html?item=182896812864&rmvSB=true&hash=item2a957fe340%3Am%3AmAzF565-MoIHvZ_1CJ0jFdA&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

yet his total count shows 32. That is because eBay counts all listings within those listings

Capture.PNG.3cc1340f75705820a857aa8230f3e1c7.PNG

The only advantage really is what you pointed out- if you want a buyer to find a collective of books in one listing, than its cool. But, from my experience, most buyers do not clearly know how to use this, and as you can even see in this very thread, there is a lot of confusion about this. So unless youre a savvy eBayer this may result in more headaches than solutions.

11 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

You will be billed for each count of Bloodshot issue as an individual listing whether its listed by itself or collectively in that multiple listing method. So, if you have ONE multiple issue listing of bloodshot which consist of 20 issues, you will be billed for 20 listings.

To demonstrate:

Seller bestcoastdeals has 4 listings on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestcoastdeals/m.html?item=182896812864&rmvSB=true&hash=item2a957fe340%3Am%3AmAzF565-MoIHvZ_1CJ0jFdA&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

yet his total count shows 32. That is because eBay counts all listings within those listings

Capture.PNG.3cc1340f75705820a857aa8230f3e1c7.PNG

The only advantage really is what you pointed out- if you want a buyer to find a collective of books in one listing, than its cool. But, from my experience, most buyers do not clearly know how to use this, and as you can even see in this very thread, there is a lot of confusion about this. So unless youre a savvy eBayer this may result in more headaches than solutions.

Thanks, gives me something to think about! I may wait until it is more commonplace and better understood among buyers before I use it to roll out the drek, but I think at some point it may be a useful tool for the specific scenario I described. For books that stand on their own merit, there's no reason to not list them individually. But I could see it being useful down the road for grouping common run-fillers in a "one stop shopping" scenario. But I'll probably sit back and watch a bit more before I experiment with it. Good talk!