• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pricing at Comicon or Fan Expo

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm attending Fan Expo in Dallas this Sat. and noticed they will have a CGC stand there. I'm debating whether I should bring some of my titles to have them graded or not. Are there any benefits to getting comics priced at a fan expo such as cheaper pricing, same day grading, etc?

4 minutes ago, Okieohio said:

Hello, I'm attending Fan Expo in Dallas this Sat. and noticed they will have a CGC stand there. I'm debating whether I should bring some of my titles to have them graded or not. Are there any benefits to getting comics priced at a fan expo such as cheaper pricing, same day grading, etc?

CGC will be doing onsite grading in Chicago that same weekend. They are NOT doing onsite grading at Fan Expo. Since most of the staff will be in Chicago, I suspect the CGC booth in Dallas will be a small crew simply taking regular submissions. No cheaper pricing, no same day grading. They will simply take your submissions back to Sarasota with them.

The advantage is that you save on shipping! 

I'm also contemplating going to Dallas Fan Expo tomorrow. I really want to drop off a bunch of books I have for grading, but every time I look at the pricing structure and tiers, its so confusing to me. I'm not a member but considering joining the premium membership (which says I get $150 credit), but then the tire pricing confuses me. I guess I could just ask them there, but figures I inquire here first. Thanks!

you can also call cgc ahead of time so there's no surprises.

7 hours ago, Binh Tran said:

I'm also contemplating going to Dallas Fan Expo tomorrow. I really want to drop off a bunch of books I have for grading, but every time I look at the pricing structure and tiers, its so confusing to me. I'm not a member but considering joining the premium membership (which says I get $150 credit), but then the tire pricing confuses me. I guess I could just ask them there, but figures I inquire here first. Thanks!

Since you did not clarify what you are confused about, and did not ask any specific questions, I'm not sure how to respond but I will try. The tiers are basically based on the value of your book. You put the book into a tier that best matches the value of your book. The more expensive the book, the higher the tier cost but the higher tiers have faster turnaround. 'Tire' pricing isn't that difficult ! :baiting: