• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm creating an online comic book site -- can use your help
1 1

23 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, LionLarge99 said:

I suggest that you check out the website builders from this resource http://www.webbuildersguide.com// . From my own experience I can recommend you to have a closer look at Wix or Weebly, as both of them are probably the easiest website builders to use in my opinion. Anyway good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have development experience and plan on coding myself.

I want to thank everyone for their responses. They've been very helpful. I'm going to "close off" submissions of the questionnaire  at end of this month. If you are interested in participating, please send answers to these questions via personal message:

1) What search criteria/filters would you like to see available when browsing inventory?

2) What descriptors are important to you when looking to buy an item? (ie., Cover Artist, Date of Publication, etc., etc.)

3) Do you like minimal multimedia or a lot on an e-commerce site?

4) Would user forums interest you?

5) How often do you purchase from online comic sites?

6) What is your biggest gripe with online comic sites?

7) What is currently your favorite online comic site?

8) How often do you use a mobile device (cell phone or table) to shop at online comic sites?

9) Do you have issues with using PayPal as a payment method?

10) What is the #1 thing you look for in an online retail store? (ie., fast loading, easy search, etc., etc.)

11) Is social media important to you? (Facebook, Twitter announcements, etc., etc)

12) What is the average amount you spend on a visit?

13) How frequently do you like to receive e-mail notifications regarding sales, special events, etc., etc

14) For new items, do you prefer a stock image or an actual scan?

15) Do you read product reviews by other buyers?