• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

...I should know how to do this, but for the life of me I can't figure it out
1 1

6 posts in this topic

So, I want to close this thread because I have other more recent WTB threads, but when I go to the last post and use the "edit" function, it won't let me put in a CLOSED posting on the thread.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is it this particular thread?  It was created in 2016 which is why I want to close it.  As always, thanks for the help.   Paul~

3 hours ago, picon3 said:

So, I want to close this thread because I have other more recent WTB threads, but when I go to the last post and use the "edit" function, it won't let me put in a CLOSED posting on the thread.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is it this particular thread?  It was created in 2016 which is why I want to close it.  As always, thanks for the help.   Paul~

I think there’s a ‘mark as sold’ button

hit it.  It’s ok if it wasn’t actually sold

3 hours ago, picon3 said:

If you want to put the "CLOSED" in the thread title, you have to edit your first post in that thread, not the last.

DeadOne and Revat,

Thanks for the assistance.  If you open the thread to look at the first posting you'll see that there is no "edit" feature there.  There is one on the last posting, but it only let's me edit the content of the post not the topic title.  I see that I did edit the first posting at some point in March, 2016.  Is this stopping me from editing the title again two years later? Am I beating a dead horse with this thread? :facepalm: Should I just let it die a natural death? Is there something going on with this particular one?  Just want to avoid confusion in the WTB section. 

Again, my thanks.  Paul~

Edited by picon3
changed content slightly

1 hour ago, picon3 said:

DeadOne and Revat,

Thanks for the assistance.  If you open the thread to look at the first posting you'll see that there is no "edit" feature there.  There is one on the last posting, but it only let's me edit the content of the post not the topic title.  I see that I did edit the first posting at some point in March, 2016.  Is this stopping me from editing the title again two years later? Am I beating a dead horse with this thread? :facepalm: Should I just let it die a natural death? Is there something going on with this particular one?  Just want to avoid confusion in the WTB section. 

Again, my thanks.  Paul~

We wouldn't be able to see the "edit" feature on your post, but the thread being 2 years old may be a factor.

You could just let it die, or just post one more post and say that that particular WTB was closed, it's not your fault you cannot change the title. I don't think any member would have a problem with that.

Or maybe @Architecht or @Scott =) could assist.

Good luck with the hunt.