• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicXposure Customer Service

11 posts in this topic

Anyone else have issues with ComicXposure orders? Placed an order 10 days ago. Made several attempts to contact them via email. No response. DM on FB. Same. Phone number I was able to find went to a Google Voice message. All of my comments on their FB page got deleted. And I just received a text and email saying I was refunded. No explanation why. I was really excited about the order. Got a free variant for spending over a certain amount. Anyways, it's a little discouraging for someone getting back into collecting. If anyone has any suggestions for where I can buy online it would be greatly appreciated. 

do a search on this subforum.  others have had issues as well.  good luck.

38 minutes ago, jason4 said:

They are terrrrrrrible. Don’t ever buy from them and spread the word. I had to force a refund through my bank and have no idea what happened with my comics if they ever even existed. They are happy to pocket money and ship nothing. 

I got a refund without explanation. All the time they wasted deleting my comments on FB you think they could have saved the time and energy and just shipped my comics. 

19 minutes ago, SymbiosaurusRex said:

I got a refund without explanation. All the time they wasted deleting my comments on FB you think they could have saved the time and energy and just shipped my comics. 

You are assuming they ever had the comics in the first place.......

why we're you trying to contact them after your order was placed?  did you need to make a change or just confirming?  not that it matters why but you should have gotten a confirmation email receipt. keep in mind pre-orders won't ship until their release date. 

ok here are some alternatives:

unknown comic books. they use virtually the same checkout software as comicxposure often don't charge shipping for orders over a certain amount.   they often offer most if not all of comicxposure exclusives and variants at the same price as comicxposure. they have excellent customer service, head off any delays - I received an email yesterday informing of some exclusives supplier delays...hmm...I wonder which supplier and which exclusives those might be from...

keep in mind they do sell out of the comicxposure variants quicker as they order a subset amount from comicxposure. basically a reseller partner with better customer service.

amorphous ink - same deal.

midtown comics they often carry exclusives from others but put a markup.

DCBS but the variant options are hit or miss and prices can be redonkulous.

or if you just do a Google search for the comicxposure variant you're looking for and exclude "ebay" from the search you will probably hit a bunch of online or Facebook comic seller pages that are selling the specified variant/exclusive at the same cost.

some mark it up, some charge tax, some charge higher shipping and some don't but at least the customer service is better.

for all else there's always ebay where you can sometimes get lucky.

I feel like comicxposure's model probably keeps their resellers happy as they don't have to deal with a million customers and bulk fill orders early. resellers get site traffic out of the deal I suppose?

2 hours ago, justafan said:

why we're you trying to contact them after your order was placed?  did you need to make a change or just confirming?  not that it matters why but you should have gotten a confirmation email receipt. keep in mind pre-orders won't ship until their release date. 

I did receive order confirmation. I was contacting them to see what the status of my order was because I thought a week was kind of a long time to process an order that didn't contain any pre-orders. Am I wrong for assuming that? Serious question. I do appreciate any and all feedback. And thank you for the suggestions. I'm at work but right now but I do plan on checking out the sites you recommended. 

I did get my order fulfilled and in some cases, items pre-ordered were unable to be fulfilled, so a refund was issued.

I'd say they handled it with honesty, but I was also very very very vigilant in communications asking for status updates, so might have been that proverbial squeaky wheel who otherwise might have been left unattended and possibly ignored with disastrous results. 

I'd say this, I'm not a fan of pre-ordering nor the company because of the delays and a need to babysit the order almost like I was begging for getting what I paid for.

However, the communication when replied to (it often took a few notes, some falling to deaf ears), was polite, professional and assuring.  The best way is to either post on their Facebook page or send a message via Facebook, it seems.  If you post on their page, don't do a rude "WIZMO" (where's my order?)  note, as you catch more flies with honey.  

If you feel you're not getting what  you paid for, by all means file a chargeback via your credit card company and cancel the order, it's the only recourse many have who simply have buyer's remorse with a vendor/merchant and is a reasonable action.