• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which "Hand Cover" do you prefer ?
3 3

111 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

A 67 without paper pleats (what most call "printer's creases") is a very rare bird!  :cloud9:

One thing I missed before buying this is the fact that it's in one of those slabs without an inner well. Thank goodness it avoided damage like a cover detachment during the ship. Whomever thought this slab design was a good idea should have their head examined

The answer for the OP is cover B. 

Gil Kane is simply the GOAT!!!

Edited by MGsimba77

Of the two options offered, B is a classic cover.

I also like Romita's Mysterio cover as well.

B vs Marvel Tales 130 would've been a tougher comparison.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

interesting-- I'll have to check mine. Are they in a specific place?

2 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

interesting-- I'll have to check mine. Are they in a specific place?

Yes. On the 67s they typically emanate from the reading edge. On the front cover, from the right edge inward, about 2 to 3 inches up from the bottom being the typical place. They're usually sizable as well, in the 2 to 3 inch range in total. And also as is typical, almost mirroring the same exact place as on the front cover, except on the back cover, this time from the left edge inward, again 2 to 3 inches up from the bottom edge and typically of about the same 2+ inch range in length. I've noted many 67s with them, sometimes more than 1 pleat, in parallel, and I've never seen one CGC graded that surpassed 9.2 that had a pleat or pleats. I can only assume that the CGC  interprets it as tangible defect rather than manufacturing defect because I have had the occasion to compare a 9.2 with the pleats, side by side with a 9.6 without the pleats, and aside from one book having them and one not, the two books were precisely equal in appearance. Also, I can't say I remember ever seeing a book with pleats (printing creases) graded higher than 9.2 by the CGC, even if that was the only apparent defect.

Edited by James J Johnson