• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would CGC grade this:

9 posts in this topic

Metropolis has a few early incomplete Actions for sale. They are the front cover & superman stories only. Would CGC grade one of these?

I seem to remember comiclink once had for sale CGC graded pages from an Action #1. Each slab had only a couple pages from that book. Though, I don't remember if they were actually "graded" or just encapsulated for an authenticity check (they were also given a blue label)

Just curious.

Thanks.

I seem to remember comiclink once had for sale CGC graded pages from an Action #1. Each slab had only a couple pages from that book. Though, I don't remember if they were actually "graded" or just encapsulated for an authenticity check (they were also given a blue label)

Just curious.

Thanks.

Giving any book that's missing pages a blue label is ridiculous - but to grade a page, or a sheet, and place it in a blue labeled slab is ludicrous. The authenticity check is a very good idea. But if anything qualifies as a 'qualified' green-label slab, it's those Action 1 pages.

I'd even go so far as to say the Metro incomplete Actions should be in green slabs. To put those in green slabs is to discount the value of 'real' .5s that are complete but beat. Personally, I can't stand incomplete comics frustrated.gif

If the page is complete and restro free why shouldn't it get a blue label?

I saw those Action one pages and they weren't graded, just labeled which wrap they were.

I'd even go so far as to say the Metro incomplete Actions should be in green slabs. To put those in green slabs is to discount the value of 'real' .5s that are complete but beat. Personally, I can't stand incomplete comics frustrated.gif

Hey, I know what you mean, but for a Golden Age enthusiast like me on a tight budget, incomplete comics are the way to go! Especially if you favor the 1938-1940 era of GA. Nearly all of my most prized books (Superman 4 & 7, Action 18 & 19, Fantastic Comics 2, Marvel Mystery 33, others) are missing centerfolds or a back cover. Certainly I'd rather have complete books, but if it's a choice between never owning the books or owning incomplete copies, I'll take the incompletes any day. I honestly never thought I'd own ANY of these, and I adore them as much as any mid or high grade collector adores their books. cloud9.gif

Hey, I know what you mean, but for a Golden Age enthusiast like me on a tight budget, incomplete comics are the way to go! Especially if you favor the 1938-1940 era of GA. Nearly all of my most prized books (Superman 4 & 7, Action 18 & 19, Fantastic Comics 2, Marvel Mystery 33, others) are missing centerfolds or a back cover. Certainly I'd rather have complete books, but if it's a choice between never owning the books or owning incomplete copies, I'll take the incompletes any day. I honestly never thought I'd own ANY of these, and I adore them as much as any mid or high grade collector adores their books. cloud9.gif

thumbsup2.gif