• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here win this?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I've never posted something like this before and usually wouldn't but I have also never been so upset about losing a book before and I've lost allot of great books over the years.

Anyone on here know who won this? I was the second highest bidder and my final max didn't register in time and got sniped. I will gladly compensate the winner or pay a finders fee, I need this book. Hoping a dealer/seller won it. If you know of any other double cover hitler covers I would definitely be interested.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/372282936466?ul_noapp=true

18 hours ago, streyouttacomics said:

I've never posted something like this before and usually wouldn't but I have also never been so upset about losing a book before and I've lost allot of great books over the years.

Anyone on here know who won this? I was the second highest bidder and my final max didn't register in time and got sniped. I will gladly compensate the winner or pay a finders fee, I need this book. Hoping a dealer/seller won it. If you know of any other double cover hitler covers I would definitely be interested.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/372282936466?ul_noapp=true

I tracked it just of curiosity.  A few years ago, I won a copy with a similar story from the seller.  I was finishing up my National/Uncle Sam Quarterly run although these were not in as much demand (or at least went for less) although they came up rarely.  I had my copy graded.  Love that run and the Uncle Sam cover Nationals.  So happy to finish it out.  Lots of great "should be" classic covers, in my opinion.

Sorry about getting glitched.  That has happened to my a few times.  Once or twice on HA as well as Ebay but I use a freebie sniping service so can't complain.  It works more than 99% of the time.

My copy.

1811121036501.jpg.04c61dafaf96bd27cf499880e074f304.jpg

10 minutes ago, telerites said:

I tracked it just of curiosity.  A few years ago, I won a copy with a similar story from the seller.  I was finishing up my National/Uncle Sam Quarterly run although these were not in as much demand (or at least went for less) although they came up rarely.  I had my copy graded.  Love that run and the Uncle Sam cover Nationals.  So happy to finish it out.  Lots of great "should be" classic covers, in my opinion.

Sorry about getting glitched.  That has happened to my a few times.  Once or twice on HA as well as Ebay but I use a freebie sniping service so can't complain.  It works more than 99% of the time.

My copy.

(worship) (worship)

3 hours ago, telerites said:

My copy.

Wow great copy!

I was always afraid to give away my password to those sites haha which one do you use?

I'm sure another will pop up but it was the double cover that got to me, I don't collect errors but a double cover hitler cover is too cool to pass up

You can contact the seller and ask he broker something, maybe for a small fee.  I've been contacted several times in the past by the seller I won from stating he had been contacted by an eBay member after the auction and wanted to know if I wanted to flip the book to the other party.  I'm not sure if it breaks all sorts of eBay policies but maybe worth a shot.

Just now, MustEatBrains said:

You can contact the seller and ask he broker something, maybe for a small fee.  I've been contacted several times in the past by the seller I won from stating he had been contacted by an eBay member after the auction and wanted to know if I wanted to flip the book to the other party.  I'm not sure if it breaks all sorts of eBay policies but maybe worth a shot.

I appreciate the message, I already tried that :(

I offered 1.5x what it sold for and something for the ebay seller but nothing. Wasn't meant to be I guess.

12 hours ago, streyouttacomics said:

Wow great copy!

I was always afraid to give away my password to those sites haha which one do you use?

I'm sure another will pop up but it was the double cover that got to me, I don't collect errors but a double cover hitler cover is too cool to pass up

I use gavelsnipe mostly because it works on Ebay, HA, and Movie Poster Exchange (I dabble in vintage movie posters as well).  Yeah the double cover is always fun on a GA book especially.  I am always hesitant to buy raw on Ebay but again I was trying to finish that run out so went for it.  I did ask for a page count before I bid which I always do on raws.

Edited by telerites

7 hours ago, telerites said:

I use gavelsnipe mostly because it works on Ebay, HA, and Movie Poster Exchange (I dabble in vintage movie posters as well). 

That you dabble in movie posters makes perfect sense since I see a postage stamp-sized Leonard Nimoy on that great "Zombies" poster as your icon.  (thumbsu

What type of posters do you hunt?

6 hours ago, PopKulture said:

That you dabble in movie posters makes perfect sense since I see a postage stamp-sized Leonard Nimoy on that great "Zombies" poster as your icon.  (thumbsu

What type of posters do you hunt?

Really whatever catches my eye.  GGA, serials, sci-fi, universal monsters but mainly 1930s thru the 1950s.  Yes I changed my avatar.  Had won the Zombies of the Stratosphere full sheet so switched up my avatar.

2 hours ago, telerites said:

Really whatever catches my eye.  GGA, serials, sci-fi, universal monsters but mainly 1930s thru the 1950s.  Yes I changed my avatar.  Had won the Zombies of the Stratosphere full sheet so switched up my avatar.

A shockingly affordable poster for how cool it is. We gravitate to many of the same genres although I haven't picked up a new poster in many years. The prices on the things I want grew to be prohibitive.  :p