• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting books graded

11 posts in this topic

I have 5 books I want to get graded.  I’m guessing the total value will be in the 7K range.  I’ll probably get more graded later.  I’ve never done it.  Am I better off going through a dealer or getting my own membership and doing it?

I just mailed in 3 today.  I mailed in a detective comics 69.  A Batman 30 and Spider-Man 129.  Probably SHOULD NOT have sent the Spider-Man 129.  I’ll do 3 or 4 more.  Then I’ll sell the bulk of my stuff. I got the mid level membership. It includes 150 credit.  

2 hours ago, Joey178 said:

My comics just showed up as delivered.  How long does it take from delivery?   A week?   2 weeks?

probably less than two weeks at this time of year.  I would guess between 3 and 8 business days.  It varies based on the amount of books they need to process.  For example, after a big convention it might take longer because they've just received a bunch of submissions.  This is probably a fairly busy time but not ultra busy yet (like say SDCC).  But if you're really concerned you can try calling and appealing to their humanity, it might give you a bump forward in the queue (thought they'd probably wouldn't admit it for obvious reasons). 

5 hours ago, revat said:

probably less than two weeks at this time of year.  I would guess between 3 and 8 business days.  It varies based on the amount of books they need to process.  For example, after a big convention it might take longer because they've just received a bunch of submissions.  This is probably a fairly busy time but not ultra busy yet (like say SDCC).  But if you're really concerned you can try calling and appealing to their humanity, it might give you a bump forward in the queue (thought they'd probably wouldn't admit it for obvious reasons). 

Standard will go through the process in a few weeks. Express and Walkthru 1 to 1 1/2 weeks from getting to CGC to getting back to you. EC or VT or even Modern will take a lot longer at this time.

25 minutes ago, Philflound said:

Standard will go through the process in a few weeks. Express and Walkthru 1 to 1 1/2 weeks from getting to CGC to getting back to you. EC or VT or even Modern will take a lot longer at this time.

Ohh I thought the OP Was asking how long it takes to show up in the system...

yah the whole process is way longer unless you use express or walk through

10 hours ago, Joey178 said:

My comics just showed up as delivered.  How long does it take from delivery?   A week?   2 weeks?

It depends on what tier you submitted in. A standard tier is 15 business days.