• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is that white stuff on the cover?

9 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, xXLordSidiousXx said:

I was looking at a Spawn 9 Newsstand on ebay and I see there is a white streak on the upper right of the back cover. Does anyone know what that is? how it could have been caused? or if it can come off with a pressing? Thanks in advance everyone :)

s-l1600.jpg

Hard to say but it looks like some color rubbed off. (shrug)

2 hours ago, xXLordSidiousXx said:

I was looking at a Spawn 9 Newsstand on ebay and I see there is a white streak on the upper right of the back cover. Does anyone know what that is? how it could have been caused? or if it can come off with a pressing? Thanks in advance everyone :)

s-l1600.jpg

As everyone has stated, this is a color rub = the color is gone in that location. An otherwise high grade book will be hammered, in the mid grades, not so much. If this is a 9.6 or 9.8 otherwise, I think you will be looking at 9.2 range. I'm curious as to why you would think a press could remove it ? It's crazy that so many think a press will cure anything and everything. 

3 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

As everyone has stated, this is a color rub = the color is gone in that location. An otherwise high grade book will be hammered, in the mid grades, not so much. If this is a 9.6 or 9.8 otherwise, I think you will be looking at 9.2 range. I'm curious as to why you would think a press could remove it ? It's crazy that so many think a press will cure anything and everything. 

I wasn't sure what it was in the first place, which is why I posted here. Once it was clarified that it was a color rub I knew a press wouldn't fix it. Thanks for the clarification on the grade though ??

15 hours ago, xXLordSidiousXx said:

s-l1600.jpg

Definitely color rubbed off the cover. Press and clean wouldn't help anyway, bottom right corner has color breaking creasing and the edge has impact creasing from being put on the shelf.