• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perception: Menace #10 is relatively easy to get...

15 posts in this topic

Census doesn't reflect it as more common. Certainly in grade it is very, very difficult as are most of the issues in the run.

Yeah, it seemed I'd see low grade issues of 8 and 10 more often than the rest. That was a couple of years ago, with the same issues of 10 that kept popping up and weren't selling due to some condition flaws. I think that might have contributed to the appearance the issue was more common.

31 minutes ago, Johnny545 said:

There aren’t any more or less menace 10 then any other issue in that run.

It just isn’t a highly sought cover and if you were forced to sell some issues in that run, most would start with issue 10 given that the rest of the run is packed with big time covers that overshadow it IMHO.

Also..... the first 6 had basically the same artistic lineup ..... top notch to say the least, and then the final part of the run became more hodge podge, although still very worthwhile..... and with PCH, the content used to be very much a factor in the market dynamic of specific issues. Issue 10 is good but not one of the very best.  Anyone who hasn't already done so, should grab the "Atlas Era" Masterworks edition devoted to Menace .... it collects the entire 11 issue run and is worth every penny. GOD BLESS ....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Appreciate everyone's insights! I think it's a pretty solid cover myself, certainly in comparison to some Atlas issues of other titles, yet I do see how within Menace itself, it's not in the upper half. That said, it would be very difficult in grade! I think mine is about a 5.0. Glad I asked for your thoughts! :)

20 hours ago, originalisbest said:

It's in a box waiting to be scanned, but that box is wayyyyy inaccessible at the moment! :)

That doesn't count until you've stolen it from the other collector's basement.  (thumbsu