• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EsquireComics.Com Special Forumite Sale On All Books!!!

24 posts in this topic

To my fellow forumites:

I want to raise some extra cash to make a great purchase. So, my insatiable appetite is transformed into your benefit.

For the next week any forumite who contacts me looking to seriously purchase one or more of my books will receive the lowest possible price I can give. Depending upon the book, this may amount to you saving several thousands of dollars. Without a doubt whatever the purchase you will make will not only be a great collecting grab, but a profitable investment.

Make sure you let me know you're a forumite.

To my fellow forumites:

I want to raise some extra cash to make a great purchase. So, my insatiable appetite is transformed into your benefit.

For the next week any forumite who contacts me looking to seriously purchase one or more of my books will receive the lowest possible price I can give. Depending upon the book, this may amount to you saving several thousands of dollars. Without a doubt whatever the purchase you will make will not only be a great collecting grab, but a profitable investment.

Make sure you let me know you're a forumite.

If the great purchase is what I think it is 893crossfingers-thumb.gif you can't have my money now because you'll need it later. If it isn't that, I'm interested in some of the ECs.

If the great purchase is what I think it is 893crossfingers-thumb.gif you can't have my money now because you'll need it later. If it isn't that, I'm interested in some of the ECs.

I don't remember if I told you or not. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll tell you Friday.

No further word on the collection.

frustrated.gif

The Batman 4? Classic cover with great eye appeal. Nice pickup. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif You know me oh too well.

Only one with "sale pending". 27_laughing.gif

Do you think it is worth getting that book worked on? I would think the resto would be fairly simple and would knock it up 3 or 4 points.

Do you think it is worth getting that book worked on? I would think the resto would be fairly simple and would knock it up 3 or 4 points.

For me at least, that would spoil the book. I wanted my first GA book to be unspoiled and authentic. I bought this one because for a 3.0 it has outstanding eye appeal and no real major flaws, and was not too expensive considering what it is (and even just the third Joker and 1st mention of Gotham City). I think that for some people the loose cover would really bother them, and it surely knocked down the grade. But I'll definitely keep this one in the slab and just use it as a "showcase" of sorts. As I mentioned to Mark, someday I need to buy a similar (grade, price and eye appeal) Human Torch or Marvel Mystery and then my GA collection of TWO BOOKS will be complete.

For me at least, that would spoil the book. I wanted my first GA book to be unspoiled and authentic. I bought this one because for a 3.0 it has outstanding eye appeal and no real major flaws, and was not too expensive considering what it is (and even just the third Joker and 1st mention of Gotham City). I think that for some people the loose cover would really bother them, and it surely knocked down the grade. But I'll definitely keep this one in the slab and just use it as a "showcase" of sorts. As I mentioned to Mark, someday I need to buy a similar (grade, price and eye appeal) Human Torch or Marvel Mystery and then my GA collection of TWO BOOKS will be complete.

Two books? That's all you are after? I have two or three dozen I want to pick up, and they would all be in the same shape as that Batman 4 if I had my way. The look of a HG for the price of a low grade. thumbsup2.gif

Two books? That's all you are after? I have two or three dozen I want to pick up, and they would all be in the same shape as that Batman 4 if I had my way. The look of a HG for the price of a low grade. thumbsup2.gif

Well, I gotta start off slow. I could buy a heck of alot of nice BA horror for the same price as ONE of these books ya' know. But who knows, at some point I'm sure my priorities will change again. I'd like more ECs for sure at the very least. And if the budget will allow, and if I can sell enough of my 70s-90s inventory on Ebay, then I'm open. Heck, I should at least expand my GA goals to three books and make the third a Good Girl/Bondage cover like Phantom Lady or some cool Fox book.