• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convert CGC book to PGX for Signature Series?

30 posts in this topic

If you have a CGC Universal graded TMNT #1 that has comments "Kevin Eastman" and "Peter Laird" written on interior cover in pen, would it be worth it to send to PGX to have them authenticate the autographs and convert it to a PGX Signature Series book?

sample.png

2 minutes ago, amphoman_com said:

If you have a CGC Universal graded TMNT #1 that has comments "Kevin Eastman" and "Peter Laird" written on interior cover in pen, would it be worth it to send to PGX to have them authenticate the autographs and convert it to a PGX Signature Series book?

sample.png

No... no, NOOOOO

15 hours ago, amphoman_com said:

sample.png

Don't send anything to PGX. Never. Never ever!

Didn’t pgx switch a TMNT 1 on somebody a few years back? IIRC they put a second print in the slab and sent it back not realizing the guy would crack it for a resub a few weeks later. Busted! 

39 minutes ago, The Heckler said:

Didn’t pgx switch a TMNT 1 on somebody a few years back? IIRC they put a second print in the slab and sent it back not realizing the guy would crack it for a resub a few weeks later. Busted!

lol You're one of the suckers who actually believed that guy's story?

18 hours ago, amphoman_com said:

sample.png

Another way to think about the question:  My friend told me that he met Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, should I pay my drunk uncle to handle the book and create a certificate that says the signatures are authentic?

2 hours ago, The Heckler said:

I'm not a fan of pgx and I don't use them, however, I always thought that story was Fake News.

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:
3 hours ago, The Heckler said:

lol You're one of the suckers who actually believed that guy's story?

Friendly as always

30 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

Friendly as always

Ladyboy is still butt hurt about getting abused in another thread a few months ago. I never said it was a fact, just something I read awhile back concerning PGX and it’s shady biz practices. There are quite a few threads and articles out there about how unprofessional that company has been in the past. I don’t think I would trust them with a high dollar book myself. 

17 hours ago, The Heckler said:

Ladyboy is still butt hurt about getting abused in another thread a few months ago. 

Ahhhh....now THIS...THIS is the way to handle disagreements and conflicts: naked aggression and hostility. Kudos for your contribution to the CGC boards!

:cloud9:

20 hours ago, The Heckler said:

butt hurt about getting abused in another thread a few months ago.

I don't tend to concern myself with things that didn't happen outside the feeble minds of certain individuals.

20 hours ago, The Heckler said:

I never said it was a fact, just something I read awhile back concerning PGX and it’s shady biz practices. There are quite a few threads and articles out there about how unprofessional that company has been in the past. I don’t think I would trust them with a high dollar book myself. 

No kidding. PGX's history is full of reasons to avoid them.  But even the majority of the most vociferous PGX-bashers didn't believe that ludicrous TMNT story.

You should probably stick to just posting pictures like usual. Using words is clearly far beyond your intelligence level.

Just now, Logan510 said:

Look in the mirror, I'm not the only one.

:banana:

You're absolutely correct. We'll all have to account for what we've said to others, every word of it. 

Who, then, do you think will come out ahead in that judgment...?

You, the guy who takes every single shot and dig he possibly can, in every venue he can, no matter how small the opportunity...? Or me, who does his level best to avoid you as much as humanly possible...?

hm