• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pushing that bagged and boarded comic back into the box

28 posts in this topic

All the boxes of comics in sleeves I have are pretty tight and sort of hard to get back in, but when putting one back I take out the three or four behind it and put that stack back in, it slides back in easier than cramming a single one back in there.

44 minutes ago, catman76 said:

All the boxes of comics in sleeves I have are pretty tight and sort of hard to get back in, but when putting one back I take out the three or four behind it and put that stack back in, it slides back in easier than cramming a single one back in there.

tenor.gif?itemid=6194560tenor.gif?itemid=6194560

2 hours ago, nepatkm said:

I use the bubble mailers I get from books I’ve received. I fold them over seal them, and put one at each end of the box ( also keeps light out from the handle holes, to prevent fading there.  (thumbsu ) never overstuff the box ( boxes are cheap, comics aren’t.

Has worked great for me the bubble mailer expands and compresses easily enough that the books don’t shift or cause tightness when putting one back.

works Fantastic for Graded books as well.

0226D407-9FCD-4D46-BE89-6A45612B38BE.jpeg

40558A5B-0B09-4202-B385-2B8938ACF838.jpeg

BA8EA0C4-8233-4902-B346-5CFCDDB31628.jpeg

Are those comics in the back of the box?

5 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Are those comics in the back of the box?

I have a bubble mailer at both ends of the box. Sorry bad picture from that angle, if I flipped the box it would look the same as the front. ( they cushion the space. )

Edited by nepatkm

On 6/8/2018 at 2:23 PM, wombat said:

The first time I cringe is when I know its time for a new box. 

This is also why I absolutely hate cons where the boxes are so packed it's hard to pull a book out, let alone put it back in. 

If they're packed that tight, I usually don't put books back in the box. If most of the boxes are packed that tight, I pull about a dozen books out of the front, look at them, then set them aside to safely and carefully look through the rest of the box, then leave the ones I pulled out laying flat on top of the box as a "hint-hint to mr.dealer".... :wink:

I wouldn't want anyone stuffing and cramming MY books into boxes, so I'm not going to stuff and cram anyone else's books into boxes either.