• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950's Atlas 3-D's

8 posts in this topic

Hi All - 

What's the market for Atlas 1950's 3-D Action and Tales from the West in the 7.0, 8.0 range - with and without glasses?  I see a couple entries in GPA, but so few I don't know if they're accurate.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi Rich.  I assume you are talking raw but you mentioned CGC so not sure.

You have most likely checked Ebay already but I saw this one that looks nice in the pics although the seller doesn't note a grade.  It is missing the original glasses and has gone unsold to this point at at starting price of $59.95 with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atlas-3-D-TALES-OF-THE-WEST-Nice-Copy-Has-One-Pair-OF-GLASSES-1953-Canam-NOS/263734883749?hash=item3d67d2f5a5:g:KWAAAOSwDZJbFD6~

The same seller has a 3-D Action with both glasses intact and it has bids.  This one also looks decent.  Both close today,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-D-Action-Atlas-Animirth-Comics-Jan-1953-War-with-Both-Glasses-intact-15-3D/263734923026?hash=item3d67d38f12:g:eGoAAOSw0GNbFEQs

28 minutes ago, jmg3637 said:

I casually collect the 50's 3-d books and had never seen either of these books

I don't think I have seen the 3D Action at a con either. These books are slightly larger than a regular comic book from the same time period, which I am guessing is making them harder to come by and typically difficult in higher grade. I believe at least one boardie has a great copy of the 3D action, either AS or Buttock if memory serves me well.