• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do you get 3d glasses?
1 1

23 posts in this topic

While looking through a collection, I grabbed a winner for a pal of mine, Red Heat in 3D from Blackthorne.

This will certainly get a laugh, and prompt a viewing of the movie with the guys, but i don't want to present it without the 3d glasses.  Movie glasses dont work, it has to be the ones with the red and blue lenses.  Amazon sells them, but I'm wondering if there's a more obvious place to get them that I'm not thinking of.  If you have a pair, where did they come from?

20180609_145519.jpg

1 hour ago, kav said:

I like the black framed glasses with the red and blue lens. I may get a pair to wear to the polls on election days. Confuse everybody as to affiliation. :D

28 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I like the black framed glasses with the red and blue lens. I may get a pair to wear to the polls on election days. Confuse everybody as to affiliation. :D

That explains a lot.:)

Well you've just added a book to my list that I'm going to have to track down. That just looks amazingly awful. Wow. Gotta have one.

10 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Well you've just added a book to my list that I'm going to have to track down. That just looks amazingly awful. Wow. Gotta have one.

What's hard to believe is that the artist nailed O'Ross on the cover, did Belushi sort of OK, you can tell it's them, and even if you didn't know them from this movie, you'd know which actors he was drawing. Arnold, on the other hand; if you didn't know the movie or that he was in it, you'd never guess that's who the artist was depicting on the cover! .

Edited by James J Johnson

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

What's hard to believe is that the artist nailed O'Ross on the cover, did Belushi sort of OK, you can tell it's them, and even if you didn't know them from this movie, you'd know which actors he was drawing. Arnold, on the other hand; if you didn't know the movie or that he was in it, you'd never guess that's who the artist was depicting on the cover! .

Sometimes the comic companies were instructed NOT to draw the likeness of the actor so that they would not have to pay out additional licensing fees.  I have heard that this is the reason that Indiana Jones did not originally feature Ford's likeness in the comic series.  This is definitely true with the licensing issues for the Indiana Jones attractions in Disney World.  In the 90's when these attractions were added to Hollywood Studios (then MGM Studios in WDW) and the Indy Adventure in Disneyland as well as several other attractions overseas, Ford's likeness was not licensed to all of them. 

So basically the movie studio could license out the character but the not the actor's likeness unless compensation was provided.   

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

while not rocket science it is at least eye science.

have you ever seen those mini comics where you dont need glasses you kinda cross your eyes slightly and it goes 3D?  fisrt time I did that I was like no way.  Its like them old posters that you cant see an image till you do that eye trick.

Create 3-D Glasses at Home!

The basic 3D glasses are available for around 99 ¢ on eBay but if you want them right now, you can build your own using a spare CD jewel case and some permanent marker pens.

Just scribble the transparent side of the jewel case with red and blue marker pens* large enough to cover the width of your eyes. The blue (or cyan) color lens is for the right eye while the red color will cover the left eye.

3D Glasses

1 minute ago, 01TheDude said:

Create 3-D Glasses at Home!

The basic 3D glasses are available for around 99 ¢ on eBay but if you want them right now, you can build your own using a spare CD jewel case and some permanent marker pens.

Just scribble the transparent side of the jewel case with red and blue marker pens* large enough to cover the width of your eyes. The blue (or cyan) color lens is for the right eye while the red color will cover the left eye.

3D Glasses

awesome!

But ...but...what if I don't have a red and blue marker?

Noooooooooo.....:facepalm: