• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any good comic shops in Transylvania?
2 2

19 posts in this topic

There are, but they're only open at night, the staff is rather cold, and their selection is a bit limited. 

They do have some of the finest monster and horror collections on the planet, though. Complete, high grade runs of Tomb of Dracula, Vampirella, Elvira, Werewolf By Night, that sort of thing.

But whatever you do, don't have any shrimp scampi before you visit.

waiting to read Dracula until after my visit. I imagine it's a bunch of tourist traps along the lines of, "Dracula slept in this castle." At least I'll have a first hand appreciation of the landscape.

16 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Here's a photo of the staffs Christmas party.

download.jpg.ec5f0668934f54697dcd2f43fc34bb51.jpg

Very reminiscent of my local branch of Forbidden Planet.

1 hour ago, Larryw7 said:

You'll receive a royal welcome at the Children of the Night bookstore.Dracula-1931-castillo.jpg

This reminds me of a bookshop I used to buy my magazines and books from by mail order in London, it was called "Dark they were and golden eyed" I loved that shop and thought it had a very original name. 

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

This reminds me of a bookshop I used to buy my magazines and books from by mail order in London, it was called "Dark they were and golden eyed" I loved that shop and thought it had a very original name. 

That predates my visits to the original and great FP shop. 

Never went there on my trips to London. :frown:

Also, if you time your visit right, you should take the opportunity to attend the annual Transylvania Comic Convention.

Here's the organiser..

16-rocky-horror.w529.h352.jpg

Traditional regional attire, not cosplay.

Edited by Ken Aldred