• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim's San Diego Slush Fund Sale!!!

37 posts in this topic

We don't need no steenkin' sweet DC's! Superman sux 'cause he's too powerful, and Batman don't even got any super-powers. And Green Lantern?!?!?!? Is he supposed ta be some sorta magical railroad conductor or somethin? Wonder Woman in the white outfit is kewl, though. 'specially when they show 'er all tied up on the front cover. stooges.gif

Seriously though, the only DC's I have available at the moment are a pair of nice, mid-grade copies of World's Finest 221 and 222. $10 for both if anyone's interested.

...Maybe some mid-grade silver grade FF's

If you have any annuals shoot me a list, i'm skint the noo but i get paid in a while so i can contact you then if you're still selling! yay.gif

"skint the noo"? Please translate for us Americans. poke2.gif

If you have any annuals shoot me a list, i'm skint the noo but i get paid in a while so i can contact you then if you're still selling! yay.gif

Translation: I'm bereft of funds at present. Skint = broke, penniless. The Noo = now. tongue.gif

Translation: I'm bereft of funds at present. Skint = broke, penniless. The Noo = now. tongue.gif

acclaim.gif

I knew what it meant by the context, just have never heard that phrase before. You think I would have heard it once watching Wimbledon! yay.gif

27_laughing.gif If you're referring to the BBC coverage of Wimbledon, you'll be lucky - the entire event is seen as a genteel, old-fashioned throwback and treated with due deference by the Beeb.

"Skint the noo" is a phrase you'll only hear on the benighted streets of Glasgow.

I knew what it meant by the context, just have never heard that phrase before. You think I would have heard it once watching Wimbledon! yay.gif

27_laughing.gif If you're referring to the BBC coverage of Wimbledon, you'll be lucky - the entire event is seen as a genteel, old-fashioned throwback and treated with due deference by the Beeb.

"Skint the noo" is a phrase you'll only hear on the benighted streets of Glasgow.

I was kidding but of course.

Is your name Ben? If so, get your personalized copies of Strange Tales # 151 and 155 signed by Jim Steranko right here! grin.gif

Strange Tales # 151 VG/FN Signed by Jim Steranko $35

Strange Tales 151 Front

Strange Tales 151 Back

Strange Tales # 155 FN+ Signed by Jim Steranko $40

Strange Tales 155 Front

Strange Tales 155 Back

Hey, Don't forget...

Get enough limited editions and San Diego only giveaways and that'll cover some of your costs as well. The latest update has a bunch of them listed.

BTW, since I've been in San Diego too many times to count now, I've found a great parking location. We were able to park our 40' RV there during a convention which meant that we had literally a mobile office right outside the convention center.

Hmmm... borrow the company RV, sleeps 5-6, full kitchen and bath, all the amenities... for less than half a regular hotel room. That's an interesting idea...

Thanks for the tip, Shin. Jeff and I have already discussed how many Star Wars figures to buy!

The RV idea sounds fun. I'm sure it would beat the Super 8 Hotel we're staying at. laugh.gif

sorry.gif It was just an excuse to poke fun at Kiltman.........

Any excuse 893naughty-thumb.gif

Any excuse 893naughty-thumb.gif

You can say that again....... cool.gif

J/K.