• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

grading question
1 1

8 posts in this topic

so I know if you get a signiture on a book that isn't verified. like signed in person, it's a green lable if I submit it. but if later on I get the book, crack it open and get a different signiture certified on the same book, what color would label be? green or yellow? 

2 hours ago, Kenny37 said:

so I know if you get a signiture on a book that isn't verified. like signed in person, it's a green lable if I submit it. but if later on I get the book, crack it open and get a different signiture certified on the same book, what color would label be? green or yellow? 

You don't have to do it in person yourself, I mean :shy: the answer to both your questions is, a facilitator.... :foryou:

you can send your Book to a facilitator to have it signed for yellow label and if a slab is already yellow label, a facilitator has to be the one to crack it out of the slab and witness another Sig. even if your not there in person, btw. 

basically treat a yellow label as you would any other raw book, a facilitator has to witness not only the Sig but the deslabbing.... don't crack it yourself ;)

Two possibilities:

(1) Yellow label with a green top, i.e., qualified signature series.  The new (witnessed) signature would be certified, the original signature would not but it also would not be a defect affecting the grade of the book;

(2) Regular signature series.  Again, the new (witnessed) signature would be certified, the original signature would not, but under this label the original signature would be treated as a defect which would lower the grade of the book.

Edited by CardiacKid1

13 hours ago, Kenny37 said:

Yeah, I was thinking about books already signed or sent in by fan mail. Then getting a second signiture on it by a facilitator. 

1 hour ago, CardiacKid1 said:

Two possibilities:

(1) Yellow label with a green top, i.e., qualified signature series.  The new (witnessed) signature would be certified, the original signature would not but it also would not be a defect affecting the grade of the book;

(2) Regular signature series.  Again, the new (witnessed) signature would be certified, the original signature would not, but under this label the original signature would be treated as a defect which would lower the grade of the book.

Thanks for clarifying, lol I misunderstood his question :shy: yes an unwitnessed sig followed by a witnessed one, would be both green and yellow....