• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ra's Al Ghul...

16 posts in this topic

Just finished Death and the Maidens...

........(SPOILER)...........

Ra's dies and his daughter Nyssa takes his place as the new Demon's Head. Is this a part of the regular DC continuity? Is Ra's still dead? Has he appeared in any of the recent Bat books?

To my knowledge, Ras is supposed to still be dead. (Funny how naturally that sentence sounds when talking about comics characters smirk.gif) Death and the Maidens was published more recently than Hush. But from where we are in 2005, D&tM seems increasingly irrelevant to current continuity, with Talia's appearances in Villains Inc. for instance not really reflecting what she went through in D&tM.

I saw him on the cover of a recent issue of Superman/Batman, but it might have been a flashback thing. Didn't read the issue.

The Ras Al Ghul/Year One mini that just kicked off starts with Batman receiving a postmortem letter from Ras. My guess is that Ras will be back in the flesh in issue #2.

I saw him on the cover of a recent issue of Superman/Batman, but it might have been a flashback thing.

He did make a brief appearance in that arc didn't he? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Why can't comics stick to one single continuity?!? 893censored-thumb.gif

I saw him on the cover of a recent issue of Superman/Batman, but it might have been a flashback thing.

He did make a brief appearance in that arc didn't he? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Why can't comics stick to one single continuity?!? 893censored-thumb.gif

think of all the money they wouldn't make if they didn't have 3 or 4 titles and 5 or 6 continuities for all the major players...

He only appeared in Superman/Batman because history got screwed up when 3 silverage villains from the 30th century went back and took baby clark kent out of the alien ship instead of the kents finding him, and took bruce wayne away as a kid and trained them both to be world leaders leading the world with an iron fist as brothers. When superman and batman realise something just isnt right they go back in time to change the past to the way it was suppose to go...but when batman sees joe chill about to kill his parents he kills joe chill.....batman then dissapears from reality because without the death of his parents he would never become batman. This leads to the story where Ra's al ghul rules the earth because there was never a batman......That story didn't really happen because history got written back the way it was supposed to go, and now continuty is back to normal and ra's is still dead.

(takes a breath)

He only appeared in Superman/Batman because history got screwed up when 3 silverage villains from the 30th century went back and took baby clark kent out of the alien ship instead of the kents finding him, and took bruce wayne away as a kid and trained them both to be world leaders leading the world with an iron fist as brothers. When superman and batman realise something just isnt right they go back in time to change the past to the way it was suppose to go...but when batman sees joe chill about to kill his parents he kills joe chill.....batman then dissapears from reality because without the death of his parents he would never become batman. This leads to the story where Ra's al ghul rules the earth because there was never a batman......That story didn't really happen because history got written back the way it was supposed to go, and now continuty is back to normal and ra's is still dead.

(takes a breath)

That's true. So where did "Hush" fit in to all of this? He did appear in that arc. When in the timeline did this "death" of Ra's take place?

Oh how I wish DC would stop with the time travel stories. Zero hour goes down as my least favorite DC arc ever. Something tells me I'm not going to like Infinite Crisis when it finally lands.

But Infinite Crisis is not a "time travel" story. gossip.gif

Oh how I wish DC would stop with the time travel stories. Zero hour goes down as my least favorite DC arc ever. Something tells me I'm not going to like Infinite Crisis when it finally lands.

Can't be sure just yet. gossip.gif

Can't be sure just yet. gossip.gif

This is true. But Identity Crisis, nor any of the other events leading up to Infinite Crisis, have been. So its just a guess, but I'm going to say that it happens in "real time."