• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The book you DIDN'T let get away and never will...
4 4

31 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

I’ve owned many of these both raw and slabbed. My best was an 8.0 and I sold it. Immediately feeling empty after that sale, I owned a few more and a slabbed 6.5. Nothing pleased me. That is until this 8.0 hit the block. It was like 3 years since parting with my first 8.0 and the book since then got really hot. Bidding was bloody but I wasn’t gonna lose this book. I’d likely sell every thing I own before I’d ever part with my Betty.

7F51EB42-E1A5-4DB2-B2ED-C6FEA5813A12.jpeg

I probably blew out the census buying a similar copy off Heritage a few months ago. I don’t mind paying the money. I’m standing on the shoulders of other more astute comic guys whose bidding brought it to my attention in the first place

63067532-1B1C-4012-A3E3-C76EDB1C29BE.png

My investment in this was time, not money.  

Patience paid off in the end, and I reaped a lifetime of gloriously carefree childhood memories.  

It remains the crown jewel of my collection -- my Rosebud...utterly worthless...an object of desire for no-one...but completely priceless to me...

grail.jpeg

Edited by jools&jim

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I got two.

Batman 1, purchased in 1999 from CLINK.  

Green Giant 1, purchased from ComicConnect.  Been on my want list for a very long time.

batman1.jpg

This book and Tec 27 is my ultimate grail book. I am in awe of the board members here, to be in the presence of great books like you all have.

4 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I got two.

Batman 1, purchased in 1999 from CLINK.  

Green Giant 1, purchased from ComicConnect.  Been on my want list for a very long time.

batman1.jpg

greenGiant1.jpg

omg green giant holy s***  as far as I know the rarest comic book in existence.  Makes action #1 look like youngblood #1

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

This book and Tec 27 is my ultimate grail book. 

Ahem :taptaptap:

portrait_incredible (1).jpg

Edited by kav