• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicago Comic Collectors dinner Sat Aug 25th, 2018
2 2

47 posts in this topic

Now that SDCC is over, time to focus on WW Chicago and the Collectors Dinner :banana:

I encourage everyone to attend, if for no other reason than to page through CentaurMan's Action 1. It's been the highlight for many collectors that have attended, including me (thumbsu

On 8/1/2018 at 3:43 PM, TheWatcher said:

Now that SDCC is over, time to focus on WW Chicago and the Collectors Dinner :banana:

I encourage everyone to attend, if for no other reason than to page through CentaurMan's Action 1. It's been the highlight for many collectors that have attended, including me (thumbsu

Aside from seeing a certain person get motorboated by another certain person, looking through the Action 1 was certainly a highlight :)

WW Chicago is fast approaching,  so anyone considering attending the dinner should let me know soon (thumbsu

It's an informal meet-and-greet, where folks talk comics and show off what they've picked up at the con. There's usually a few Church copies and other pedigrees to drool over. Also a great way to meet fellow boardies and put a face to a name

Update:

List of people attending the dinner

TheWatcher

greggy

BitterOldMan + 2

PedigreeMan + TheEnabler 

Logan510 + Emily 

Red84

Chicago Boy

CentaurMan 

Cat-Man_America + Roxanne 

Moondog + ?

Sharkey

21 minutes ago, Moondog said:

It appears that there will be 3 more coming with Moondog.

:banana:

Update:

List of people attending the dinner

TheWatcher

greggy

BitterOldMan + 1

PedigreeMan + TheEnabler 

Logan510 + Emily 

Red84

Chicago Boy

CentaurMan 

Moondog + 3

Sharkey

Edited by TheWatcher
Add info

I've greatly enjoyed  several  of  these  get-togethers  in  the past,  but  have other plans  that  evening.

But I'd toss  $50  into the kitty  to  help  some  other  worthy  who can't  swing the  tariff  into  the  dinner. 

Anyone out  there  want  to  partner up  with  me  to  get  a  Noob  or a cash-strapped  worthy  in on the fun?

As long  as  it's not  Borock,    lol

He  can  durned  well  pay his  own  way,  now  matter  how much  he  begs! :D

Edited by catrick339

Update:

List of people attending the dinner

TheWatcher

greggy

BitterOldMan + 1

PedigreeMan + TheEnabler 

Logan510 + Emily 

Red84

Chicago Boy

CentaurMan 

Moondog + 3

Sharkey

Sardo Numspar

Mrs Filter81 (Danielle)

Stevemmg :wishluck:

Edited by TheWatcher
Add another name

On 8/18/2018 at 10:52 AM, catrick339 said:

I've greatly enjoyed  several  of  these  get-togethers  in  the past,  but  have other plans  that  evening.

But I'd toss  $50  into the kitty  to  help  some  other  worthy  who can't  swing the  tariff  into  the  dinner. 

Anyone out  there  want  to  partner up  with  me  to  get  a  Noob  or a cash-strapped  worthy  in on the fun?

If anyone wishes to take catrick up on his generous offer, please do it sooner rather than later. This is the home stretch. If you've been going back-and-forth over attending, now's the time to decide and let me know (thumbsu

19 hours ago, TheWatcher said:

If anyone wishes to take catrick up on his generous offer, please do it sooner rather than later. This is the home stretch. If you've been going back-and-forth over attending, now's the time to decide and let me know (thumbsu

I'd\ need  to know  by the end  of  the  day  in order  to get  a  Paypal out,   I'm  on the  road  early  tomorrow...for  CHICAGO!

Heading  to  bed  tonight,   heading  to  Chicago  tomorrow.   If   somebody  comes  up  with   the  balance  find me  at  the  show
and  I'll   pony  up   cash.   Big  burly  guy,   brown  fedora  with   MMMS  pin,   ugly-arse  Hawiian   shirt?   Good  chance it's  me,   lol

I'll  be  at   our  booth  opposite  wall  from  the   main  entrance onto the floor  most of  the  time,    and   walking  the  floor  the  rest of  the  time.    Bill  Thade,    Richie  Muchin,   Al  Stoltz, Gary C,  Lauren  Becker,  and  various  other folks  can  point me  out in a pinch.

And  Thanks   Mysterio  for     pitching in.   Now  somebody  go  shame   Greggy  into  pitching  in  the other  twenty  bucks,   :D

Edited by catrick339