• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with shipping to Canada

9 posts in this topic

In the last week, I have had 4 buyers from Canada buying stuff, and I had never sent anything to Canada before, so I have a few questions.

What is the best way of sending stuff? To send 1-4 comics, I am not as concerned, since the rates are reasonable, but what would be the best way to ship bigger boxes? For example, a Diamond box, worth about 8lbs?

USPS shows about $17.75 for surface, and about $21.15 for air. Is that the best way? Or is there anything else I should consider (UPS, FedEx)?

Please let me know

I've sent a couple shipments to Canada recently.

What I do is package them securely in a Priority box. Then, wrap the Priority box in brown paper. This qualifies for Air Letter Post which is about $7 or $8.

HI,

USPS is your absolute best option.

UPS uses private brokerage and customs fees will shock your Canadian buyers. Seriously, I had to pay over 55 dollars on a 50 dollar item for customs fees through UPS.

USPS and Candian Postal Service have a deal with each other providing gov't subsidized customs costs to Canadian users.

Do what the above poster said: wrap it in plain brown paper and send it off.

Artboy99

$7 for a flate rate Global Priority enevelope which are free at the Post Office.

It's the best way to go for up to 9 cheap comics.

Now if you are sending 4 books worth over $100 then use the free Global Priority box. It's not flate rate, but it offers more protection.

$7 for a flate rate Global Priority enevelope which are free at the Post Office.

Now if you are sending 4 books worth over $100 then use the free Global Priority box. It's not flate rate, but it offers more protection.

A Global Priority box is too small. Doesn't allow for enough padding, IMO.

A Global Priority box is too small. Doesn't allow for enough padding, IMO.

For raw books?

I've never had any trouble.

I not sure you could even fit a slab in there. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I would go with USPS, but I just had a person who wanted tracking, USPS can't do that. FEDEX and UPS can track in Canada, but Fedex wants you to create an account with them if you send it ground. UPS doesn't require it, but they now have a slight problem with my order, they have now screwed up the zip code and it probably won't reach the customer by their stated time.