• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic shops to visit in Seattle, WA and Portland, OR
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I will be going to Seattle, WA and Portland, OR for a trip and wanted to know if there were any comic stores that everyone could recommend.  I'm into gold, silver, and bronze books, as well as keys.  I'm not looking for new stuff. 

Thanks a lot for your insight.  I'm also from Hawaii, so we have very limited options.  I did look up shops on yelp, but if the shops aren't worth visiting, I'd like to know.

Mahalo!

I believe there was a thread about this area's comic shops pretty recently. You might try a search.

I went to Maui a few years ago and actually found a pretty good comic shop that actually had some GA and SA. The guy gave me a pretty good deal since he said there were no real collectors of this stuff on the island. 

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I believe there was a thread about this area's comic shops pretty recently. You might try a search.

I went to Maui a few years ago and actually found a pretty good comic shop that actually had some GA and SA. The guy gave me a pretty good deal since he said there were no real collectors of this stuff on the island. 

I will do a search.  Thanks!

In Portland there is an awesome tiny shop called Acme Comics (I think). BIG PROBLEM however: the owner smokes like an old steam train from an O. Winston Link photo. I came out gasping for air. This is no joke - I felt as if I need an external air tank. I spent about 20 minutes in there and my throat hurt. Bad.

I have no idea how damaging this is to the comics in his shop but it's his shop and more smoke for him!

Edited by NoMan

2 hours ago, NoMan said:

In Portland there is an awesome tiny shop called Acme Comics (I think). BIG PROBLEM however: the owner smokes like an old steam train from an O. Winston Link photo. I came out gasping for air. This is no joke - I felt as if I need an external air tank. I spent about 20 minutes in there and my throat hurt. Bad.

I have no idea how damaging this is to the comics in his shop but it's his shop and more smoke for him!

Gonna be up there soon. Do they have any GA stuff? If so, I'll wear a mask and dig in!

25 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Gonna be up there soon. Do they have any GA stuff? If so, I'll wear a mask and dig in!

can't remember as GA is not in my sphere of collection as I don't have the balls for it. 

But it is one super cool store. Owner lives and breaths comics. The smoking thing is too bad.

4 hours ago, Mayor Mccheese said:

Hey everyone,

I will be going to Seattle, WA and Portland, OR for a trip and wanted to know if there were any comic stores that everyone could recommend.  I'm into gold, silver, and bronze books, as well as keys.  I'm not looking for new stuff. 

Thanks a lot for your insight.  I'm also from Hawaii, so we have very limited options.  I did look up shops on yelp, but if the shops aren't worth visiting, I'd like to know.

Mahalo!

For Portland OR try:

https://www.comicshoplocator.com/StoreLocator

For Seattle WA try:

https://www.comicshoplocator.com/StoreLocator

10 hours ago, Mayor Mccheese said:

Hey everyone,

Mahalo!

banana082.gif You doing the I-5 Dispensary Crawl?  banana082.gif

My favorite shop in Portland is Excalibur comics on se Hawthorne.  Big selection of silver age here as well as current and back issues of copper/modern.  Nice knowledgeable people.almost everything raw no slabbed books.

https://www.excaliburcomicspdx.com/

another good one is I like comics in Vancouver wa.  They have a decent assortment of slabbed golden/silver books.

http://ilikecomicsonline.com/

have a great trip!

Brian

Edited by Bfairb
Misspelled word

Check out Cloud Nine in Portland. It is on the same side of the river as Excalibur and only 8 to 10 blocks from it. Ken has a great selection of Gold, silver, bronze and a lot of newer stuff.

In Seattle check out Elite Comic Source. It is online appts. Jeff has a tremendous amount of great stuff for sale. IMG_2345.thumb.JPG.06ede09d7f72a51be630e5923424e96a.JPG