• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
6 6

306 posts in this topic

Okay,  let's  rock. 

Brave and Bold 31  1st  Cave  Carson

Nice solid copy, but there's  a  coupon neatly  razored  out  of the last  page,   ads  both  sides.  Story is  complete...
although  they  went  a  little  to  deep  and  razored  the next  page in  a bit.  Two  pieces of  magic tape (that  I  nearly
missed)  on the  razored edges.

$10  takes it.

r3GHTF4.jpg

Brave and Bold 32,  2nd  Cave Carson

Nice flat  copy,  good  gloss,  clean,   with  some  general  wear  and a teeny  chip out  lower  edge  BC. 
Tight spine and CF,  offwhite - white pages. 

Asking  $40

vwjLIVv.jpg

Brave and Bold 33  

Third...well,   you  get it. 

Another  flat  copy,  good  gloss,  clean,   with  some  general  wear.  Tight with  white  pages.

Asking  $45

vUcXfSL.jpg

The Brave And The Bold  34

First  SA  Hawkman! Nice DC  Key  from  1961

Ink   name  FC,  light  ink   scrawl  over  dragon's head  to boot,  should  be  visible in  the  scan.  Small  split  upper  spin,   
small tear  right  next  to it.    Some  general  wear, whiff  of  stacking  roll.    Tight spine  and  CF,  offwhite pages,    bit 
of  ink  writing on CF,   in  the  white gutter  between  the two pages,   doesn't  affect art  except for two  small loops.

Nice  lower  grade  copy  with  good  eye  appeal for  $250

kRSLnVM.jpg

The Brave And The Bold  35

Small  split upper  spine,  general wear on  a  glossy  tight  copy.  Cream - offwhite pages

Asking  $65

CxniIZp.jpg

Edited by catrick339

The Brave And The Bold  36

Another   clean copy,   general  wear,   touch  of  spine  roll,   couple  big  dogears  BC.   Good  gloss, 
tight  spine  and CF,   white  pages.  Couple  small  spots of  water  BC,  chip  out  lower  edge BC

Asking  $65

2nsLrUf.jpg

4 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

The Brave And The Bold  36

Another   clean copy,   general  wear,   touch  of  spine  roll,   couple  big  dogears  BC.   Good  gloss, 
tight  spine  and CF,   white  pages.  Couple  small  spots of  water  BC,  chip  out  lower  edge BC

Asking  $65

2nsLrUf.jpg

:takeit:

28 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Okay,  let's  rock. 

Brave and Bold 31  1st  Cave  Carson

Nice solid copy, but there's  a  coupon neatly  razored  out  of the last  page,   ads  both  sides.  Story is  complete...
although  they  went  a  little  to  deep  and  razored  the next  page in  a bit.  Two  pieces of  magic tape (that  I  nearly
missed)  on the  razored edges.

$10  takes it.

r3GHTF4.jpg

:takeit:

Action Comics 74

Small  piece out  of  upper  and  lower  spine,    various  tape  repairs  along  spine  inside  the  cover, couple 
small tears upper edge FC,  lower  edge FC.  Interior  is  tight,   24 pages  rear half,    32 pages  front  half,   all
half  sheets  firmly  in  place. Offwhite pages.  

Solid    attractive  lower  grade  copy  for $200

WgQfHQK.jpg

How  about  a  Silver Age  Key?

Daredevil  #1,  COVERLESS

Nice  flat  copy  with  a touch of  wear  and  soiling,   but no major issues.   Tight,  cream - offwhite  pages,   couple
small  tears  on  the interior.  CF  is  firmly  attached.  

I'm  tossing in  a  coverless  copy  of  Daredevil  4  too,   first  appearance of  Killgrave,   The Purple  Man
Small tear  upper  edge  P 1,  otherwise  quite  nice.    

Well,  except  for  the  missing  cover,  lol

Take  the pair  for  $350

s5Go4Gx.jpg

wq5HbXa.jpg

All right,  you  page  sniffers!

Last  book  of  the  thread.

Fantastic  Four  #1

s3d9ScM.jpg

Looks  absolutely  superb,   doesn't it?  That's  because you're looking  at  a  reproduction  cover  by  our  very own  Fedoraman.

This  is  a  coverless   but  complete  copy,   and it looks  as  though  someone was  doing  some  amateur  resto.   Both 
staples  have  been  removed,  and  there  are  several  small   tears  along  the  spine  with  neat  glue  repairs, and  two more on the
next  wrap in.  CF has a  small piece of old  tape  at lower  staple.   Everything  else  appears  to  be  untouched.  

Thirty  two  interior  pages,   and I don't  see why    you  couldn't  salvage  a  couple  staples  out of  some  wreck  and 
build  the  whole  thing  into  a  cohesive  whole. 

A4hJ174.jpg

Asking  $900  for  the  whole  thing,   repro  cover included

And  that,  my  friends,  is  the   last book of the thread. 

Dig around,   and  don't  forget the  20% discount  on  everything left  through  last  night. 

I'll   start  sending out invoices   midday tomorrow,  and  put  this  thread  to bed  around  6 PM  tomorrow  evening.

Drop me  a  line  if  you  want  to build  a  bundle   or make  an offer on  an individual book,  the worst  that  can  happen 
is I'll   point  and laugh,   and   heap  sarcasm  on  you.    On  the  other hand,  a  reasonable  offer  might  just  appeal 
to  my   greedier  side,   lollol

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

You take a couple gently used fans as partial payment Rick?:roflmao:

Too late,  Robot,    TOO  LATE.

Went to  the   Big  Box  midday  and  scored a  couple new  fans.  Nyahh. 

Howdy Ho!

Thread  closes  down  this  evening  at  6 PM  EST,  time  to  pick  this  carcass!

I'll start  sending out invoices   some time  this  afternoon. 

...and here's one  last  set of  discounts. 

Action  70  was  $140,  now  $120

The Brave and the Bold 34  was  $250,  now  $225

Action 74  was  $200,  now  $175

Daredevil  coverless  was  $350,  now $320

Fantastic  Four  1 coverless  was  $900,  now  $850

Back in  a  couple  hours,   errands  to  run.