• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
6 6

306 posts in this topic

Undercover Girl  7

Last issue

Nice  copy.   Flat,  glossy,   clean,    tight  spine  and  CF,    white  pages.   Nothing  but  a  whiff of  general  wear.

Powell  cover,   Ogden  Whitney  art

Asking  $65  SOLD!

OaVGazx.jpg

Edited by catrick339

The Blue Beetle 19

1955  Charlton  issue

Another  nice  50's  book,  this  one has  a  small  corner off lower  LH BC,  small  tear  lower  edge  FC,   bit of  general  wear.
Flat  and  tight,   good   gloss,   offwhite - white  pages.

Take it  home  for  $50

9HQc56u.jpg

March of Comics 26

Nice  early  issue,   featuring  Our  Gang,   and  O'street  says  Walt  Kelly,  but  except for the  FC  it  doesn't
look  like  Kelly  to me. 

There is  a  VERY  light  water  stain  lower  RH  FC,  shows a bit on  next  page in,  too.  Small piece  RH  edge  looks  to  
have  an  amateur   glue  fix.   Nicely  done, but  there  it is.  
Otherwise  flat  and  clean,  tight with offwhite  - white  pages.

Asking  $45

zio80s9.jpg

Ya Want obscure?  Ya GOT   obscure!

Outlaws of the  Wild  West!  #1

132 pages  of   rebound  Cowboy  Action!

Contents  as  follows:

Butch  Cassidy #1
The Dalton  Boys #1
Jesse  James  #4
Jesse  James  #5

All by  Avon,  of  course. 

Flat,  square,   glossy,   clean,   tight  all  around,  with  a  couple  small flaws. 
Small  senmicircular   piece out upper   edge  FC,   small  tear  RH  edge  FC,   couple  tiny  tears  and   chips  out  LH  edge  BC
half inch  split  upper spine  on  the  FC  side.   

So,   is  this one  obscure  enough  or  do  I  REALLY    have  to  dig?   :D

Asking $125  SOLD!

B2agkW0.jpg

Edited by catrick339

All right,   I fought  the  good fight,  but  the  heat  took  me  down  the  minute  I  stepped into the  AC.  Five minutes  of  relaxation in
the  recliner  turned  into  a  two  hour  nap, lol

I'm  going  to  get  another  five  books  up  tonight,   then it's  the  AC  for me!

Mysteries of  Unexplored  Worlds 8

Nice  creepy  little  Ditko   five  pager  to   start  the  book. 

Flat  and  tight, good  gloss,   offwhite  to  white  pages,  but  there's  a  large  dogear  upper  RH  FC,  and  a  teeny   
water  stain  lower  LH BC.  It's on  the  FC  too,   smaller  but  there,  only  noticeable if you look inside. 

Pretty  book  with  a  couple    flaws. 

Asking  $35

8Ebbw8m.jpg

Behind Prison Bars #1

Kind of  a mess.   Water  lower  RH FC,   matches  the  water on  the  BC.  Spine  completely  taped.   More  bits of  tape
here  and  there  inside  the  covers.   Pieces  out  upper  and  RH  edge  FC, more pieces out   along  spine  BC. 
Cover  is  tanning  up  pretty  good,  getting  brittle on the outer edges,  interior is  tight  with  cream - offwhite  pages 
in the  center,   starting  to  tan up  on  the  perimeter,   but  no  brittleness  showing  so  far. 

Nice  reader  for  $30

myVH9On.jpg

Weird Fantasy 15  (The  1950  issue)

Two  nickel  sized  pieces out  RH  edge  BC  along  spine, three pieces  of  tape  on  spine. Plenty  of  general  wear.  
Interior is  solid,  with  a  tear  on  last  page  behind  one of the missing  pieces,  but the paper  appears to  be  all  there.
Offwhite  pages,  CF  loose  at  upper  staple.   Oh,   did  I  mention  the  water  stain?

O'street   G  is  $86,  grab a rough  reader  for  $50  SOLD!

Lv9dPS5.jpg

Edited by catrick339

28 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Weird Fantasy 15  (The  1950  issue)

Two  nickel  sized  pieces out  RH  edge  BC  along  spine, three pieces  of  tape  on  spine. Plenty  of  general  wear.  
Interior is  solid,  with  a  tear  on  last  page  behind  one of the missing  pieces,  but the paper  appears to  be  all  there.
Offwhite  pages,  CF  loose  at  upper  staple.   Oh,   did  I  mention  the  water  stain?

O'street   G  is  $86,  grab a rough  reader  for  $50

Lv9dPS5.jpg

Take

Two more,   had  a  phone  call.   An old  friend's  MIL  passed  (not  unexpected,   she  was  90)  was  getting info  about  visitations. 

Danger  Trail 5

One  of  the  tougher  50's  DC  titles in my  experience. 

Solid  reader  but  plenty  of problems.  Several  tears  along  spine   BC,  if  I  had  to  guess  I'd  say  that 
a  good  sized   spine  roll  has  been ironed out.   Apx  3 - 4  inches  along  the  lower  edge  BC  is   gone
to  about  a  quarter  inch  deep.   Silverfish? More  tears  along  spine  FC, and  at  both  staples,  however
cover  is  still  attached.   General  wear   and soiling.  Interior is okay,  with  small  tears here  and  there, 
and  the  upper  staple  at CF  is  pulled. 

Like  I  said,    solid  reader,  not  a  lick  better. 

Asking $60

qvoEfQh.jpg

All right,   last  book  for  the  evening,   let's  go out on a  pretty  one.

Police  Comics 127,  last issue  of  the  series.

And  this one  is  a little  gem. 

Flat,   clean,   glossy,    tight  spine  and  CF,  white  pages.  A  touch  of  general  wear and  a  couple  light  dogears
is  really  all that's  wrong  with   this  book.  

Grab  a  beauty  and  finish out  that  run!   (Or  buy  this one  and start  working  backwards,  :D )

Asking  $100  SOLD!

6yMdGmX.jpg

Edited by catrick339

3 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

All right,   last  book  for  the  evening,   let's  go out on a  pretty  one.

Police  Comics 127,  last issue  of  the  series.

And  this one  is  a little  gem. 

Flat,   clean,   glossy,    tight  spine  and  CF,  white  pages.  A  touch  of  general  wear and  a  couple  light  dogears
is  really  all that's  wrong  with   this  book.  

Grab  a  beauty  and  finish out  that  run!   (Or  buy  this one  and start  working  backwards,  :D )

Asking  $100

6yMdGmX.jpg

I’ll Take It 

And  that's  it  for  the  evening.   Recap  on    Page  12  should  be  up  to  date,   everything  since  then  should  be  marked  
"SOLD"  if it's  been  spoken  for.   

Take  a look,  and  by  all  means  PM  me  if  you   want to make  a  counteroffer  or  build  a  nice  bundle. 

Thanks!

Well,  it's  late,  still horrible hot,  and  my  box  fan  just  died. Guess it's off  to  a  Big Box  tomorrow  and  hope  they haven't  run out.

Sigh...

Edited by catrick339

12 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Undercover Girl  7

Last issue

Nice  copy.   Flat,  glossy,   clean,    tight  spine  and  CF,    white  pages.   Nothing  but  a  whiff of  general  wear.

Powell  cover,   Ogden  Whitney  art

Asking  $65

OaVGazx.jpg

I’ll take this!