• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Credit card fraud: Do you think that Paypal's database is secured ?

3 posts in this topic

In the beginning of 2001, i was the victim of a credit card fraud.

$8000 debited on my credit card ( mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif !!!). The problem was solved with my bank and i got a refund...

Now, someone did it again: mad.gif

$760 charged on my credit card three days ago...

I never had this problem before. The few times i used my credit card number on Internet was when i registered with Paypal...

Now, i ask myself if i should not stop use this wonderfull service...

Did you endure the same problem ?

Very strange...I'm thinking that your CC# has somehow made it into the 'underground'. There is a whole bunch of groups on the net that trade CC#, telephone codes etc...

Maybe it's time to cancel your card and get a new one...

I've used my CC for over 10 years, been buying online since 1995, bought 3 cars in the US, car parts in Japan, furniture in Indonesia, Computer supplies in Singapore,books from at least 10 different countries and I've never had any trouble at all...

I know that VISA is very flexible and understanding when you are dealing with Fraud. A simple call and they will send you a form, filling it in assures you that the money will not be taken out of your account and then Visa takes over the debt and has their team of lawyers hunt down the perp...

Good luck to you !

After using paypal for several years I find it to be secure. Coming from an IT background I can backup the fact that it is safer using your credit card on the internet (as long as it is encrypted) than it is using it through an ATM.

Now if you asked about the quality of paypals service, then I would have lots to say as I think they an awful company, and should be shut down and replaced with a quality service. It will happen eventually when the big banks get in on this.