• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD Comic-Con Panel Discussion On Community Issues - Input Solicited

299 posts in this topic

What do you use, a Commodore? poke2.gif

Ya got a prob with the 64?

Bring it on.. I love the green screen.

sumo.gif

Ze-

( gossip.gif But my other monitor is a flatsceen ...shhhhhh.....)

In light of Steve's unfortunate resignation from the panel, and in order to still have an independent grading service representative (particularly at the request of numerous CGC forumites), I am pleased to announce that Daniel Patterson, President, PGX, will join the panel.

Panel participants (as of July 10, 2005)

Mark S. Zaid - EsquireComics.com

Jon Berk - collector all powerful

Mark Wilson - PGCMint

Tom Gordon III, Gemstone Publishing Managing Editor

Maggie Thompson, Publisher, Comic Buyers Guide

NEW - Daniel Patterson, President, PGX

893whatthe.gif Geez Loweez..................what a revolting developement. insane.gif

this is quite the little story now. could be huge for PGX either way........... popcorn.gif

In light of Steve's unfortunate resignation from the panel, and in order to still have an independent grading service representative (particularly at the request of numerous CGC forumites), I am pleased to announce that Daniel Patterson, President, PGX, will join the panel.

Mark Wilson - PGCMint

893whatthe.gif Geez Loweez..................what a revolting developement. insane.gif

this is quite the little story now. could be huge for PGX either way........... popcorn.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hey Mark, is it too late to reschedule th epanel to a time when Steve doesnt have 'meetings' to attend??

Unfortunately I had no control over the time slot given to me, and if you look at the program for the Convention, it is jam packed. Also, I have 5 other panelists' schedules to be wary of.

Alas, it is up to Steve to either reschedule the meeting, get someone to fill in for him at the meeting or perhaps someone else from CGC can step up to the plate and join the panel. If CGC wants to have someone on the panel, there is an open invitation to them to make it so.

Alas, it is up to Steve to either reschedule the meeting, get someone to fill in for him at the meeting or perhaps someone else from CGC can step up to the plate and join the panel. If CGC wants to have someone on the panel, there is an open invitation to them to make it so.

Four day con...one and half hour panel...

I find it hard to believe the meetings can't be rescheduled, or at least pushed forward or back, to accommodate the panel... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Yep...and CGC left the door wide open for them...

Nothing like a little validation at the SD Con to stroke the rep with comicdom... screwy.gif

Jim

A lot of you guys know the CGC folks better than I do. Please feel free to suggest to them that perhaps someone else from CGC should consider participating given that Steve is too busy. As I said, I more than welcome a CGC rep on the panel.

Why not let it be? You have Daniel from PGX, let''s just see what happens. I would love to hear about their resto expert, and hear Daniel's perspective on the slabbed market.

Were I to consider switching companies...I would ask the same questions of PGX that I've asked of CGC.

No disrespect to SB( flowerred.gif), but I think your panel will have more lasting repercussions if PGX is given a platform. Let's hope Daniel can deliver. popcorn.gif

sumo.gif

Ze-

Commodore 64s had color. makepoint.gif Wow, seems just like yesterday that I actually owned a Commodore 64 and aspired to either a 128 or, better yet, an Amiga! foreheadslap.gif None of you youngsters out there can probably imagine running everything, including the O/S, off floppy disks!

Mark Wilson - PGCMint

Kudos to Daniel for stepping in at the last moment. thumbsup2.gif

Mark,

Will someone type up a transcript of the panel discussion? I would love to find out what everyone had to say.

I hope to at the very least bring a tape recorder and have it up at the panel table. If I can find one - or if someone can at least bring one to the panel - I will gladly pay the costs to have the session transcribed.

sumo.gif

Ze-

Commodore 64s had color. makepoint.gif Wow, seems just like yesterday that I actually owned a Commodore 64 and aspired to either a 128 or, better yet, an Amiga! foreheadslap.gif None of you youngsters out there can probably imagine running everything, including the O/S, off floppy disks!

Hey, don't forget the Atari 800s!!!!!!!!! makepoint.gif

Mark,

Will someone type up a transcript of the panel discussion? I would love to find out what everyone had to say.

I hope to at the very least bring a tape recorder and have it up at the panel table. If I can find one - or if someone can at least bring one to the panel - I will gladly pay the costs to have the session transcribed.

Maybe you can get FFB to get one of the word processors at his firm to do a little free lancing. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I guess hiring a court stenographer would be overkill? tongue.gif It`d be hilarious, though, between seeing you go into cross-examination mode and staring uneasily at the stenographer, the panelists would be wondering "what the f 893censored-thumb.gif have I gotten myself into here?" 27_laughing.gif