• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #13

23 posts in this topic

Pages are off-white/white. Staples are firmly secured. The pics of the spine look worse than it actually is. There are 3 areas of about 1/3" on the spine. I thinking 3.0/3.5 just from comparing pics in the grading guide. (That's not tape on the back. Looks like tape was removed though & that area is crinkled) What say you?

13_1.jpg

13_2.jpg

Edited by Not A Clone

I had Strange Tales #110 once. It has a slight nice spine than your book. It has heavy wear with multiple creases - no missing pieces or stains. CGC graded it 2.0 (I expected 2.5/3.0).

Your book has multiple splits on the spine and water stains on both front and back cover with some creases. Probably 2.0/2.5 at worst. Don't expect CGC graders will give you better grade.

2 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

That spine is pretty rough. And that looks like a good sized tear on the LEBC that someone taped at some point. Sorry, but I'm at 2.5 on this one...  

I took that for a deep scratch from N.A.C.'s description, and he does say that the spine is better than it looks.

18 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I took that for a deep scratch from N.A.C.'s description, and he does say that the spine is better than it looks.

At first, I thought it was a long tear, then read it was a wrinkle.  If its a tear, I think 3.0 would be the highest it would get, if not the long tear it looks like, it may have a shot at 3.5, along with having nice eye appeal. If I bought this graded a 3.0, I would be fine with it.

1 hour ago, CCComics said:

At first, I thought it was a long tear, then read it was a wrinkle.  If its a tear, I think 3.0 would be the highest it would get, if not the long tear it looks like, it may have a shot at 3.5, along with having nice eye appeal. If I bought this graded a 3.0, I would be fine with it.

(thumbsu

2 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

I hope he gets a higher grade than the one I gave, but I just don't see it. :sorry:

Honestly, the only reason I graded as high as I did was I have a 2.0 CGC copy already & it looks so much worse than this one to the eye. I don't know what the inside of that one looks like though since it was already graded. The inside of this looks really nice. I'd be happy with a 3.0, but 2.5 would be ok. :)

12 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

Honestly, the only reason I graded as high as I did was I have a 2.0 CGC copy already & it looks so much worse than this one to the eye. I don't know what the inside of that one looks like though since it was already graded. The inside of this looks really nice. I'd be happy with a 3.0, but 2.5 would be ok. :)

Is that a long tear on the back cover?

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Is that a long tear on the back cover?

It is crinkled/folded over and it appears someone taped over it & removed it at some point. I'm hesitant to try & unfold it myself & will let my presser take care of it. 

23 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

It is crinkled/folded over and it appears someone taped over it & removed it at some point. I'm hesitant to try & unfold it myself & will let my presser take care of it. 

Don't press it!  The spine won't hold it any longer after pressing.....speaking from my experience.

46 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

32 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Don't press it!  The spine won't hold it any longer after pressing.....speaking from my experience.

Yes, leave well alone.

32 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Agreed, instead of 3 1/3" spine splits, you may get 1 10" spine split. Plus, it looks pretty flat to me.

2 minutes ago, CCComics said:

Agreed, instead of 3 1/3" spine splits, you may get 1 10" spine split. Plus, it looks pretty flat to me.

Cool, he wouldn't press it anyways if it would damage it. I just give him stuff and he tells me what I should/shouldn't have him press lol. Thanks for the advice though! (thumbsu I plan on flipping these 2 low grades & upgrading to a lower mid-grade & then on & on until I get the copy I'm happy with while I also fill in the rest of my "need list". Keeps me busy :whee:

44 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Are those gifs real in your hidden section? That looks so fun! :banana: