• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars Mark Jeweler inserts not in issues 1-6?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I am currently collecting Star Wars books from the Bronze Age, but only Mark Jeweler and price variants.  

I am hoping someone can help me answer a question.  I am wondering what the earliest issue is that contains a Mark Jewelers insert.  The earliest issue I have seen with one is #7.

mycomicshop has a page dedicated to Star Wars MJ inserts and they only begin with #7 (and continue to issue 107 at the end of the run).  Here is the link:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=672091

Is it true that issues 1-6 do not have the insert?  Thanks.

On 7/12/2018 at 8:24 AM, Spyder! said:

I am currently collecting Star Wars books from the Bronze Age, but only Mark Jeweler and price variants.  

I am hoping someone can help me answer a question.  I am wondering what the earliest issue is that contains a Mark Jewelers insert.  The earliest issue I have seen with one is #7.

mycomicshop has a page dedicated to Star Wars MJ inserts and they only begin with #7 (and continue to issue 107 at the end of the run).  Here is the link:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=672091

Is it true that issues 1-6 do not have the insert?  Thanks.

I’ve never seen a MJ insert in 1-6.

Good luck with the hunt!

1 minute ago, wormboy said:

I’ve never seen a MJ insert in 1-6.

Good luck with the hunt!

Thanks for the reply! Between price variants for #1 - #4 and MJ for #7 - #107, I need to think of something for issues 5 and 6.  I can't just have standard issues of those 2 and variants for all the other issues.

I’m the same way! 

When I’m trying to complete a run of special issues like that I’ll look for pedigrees, double covers, and other oddities.

You could also do all the Whitman issues and reprints for 1-6.