• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions Wanted !

33 posts in this topic

On 7/13/2018 at 8:13 AM, Chicago Boy said:

Thanks Spyder for the “real life “ example.  I’m guessing others can provide examples to contradict that as we can all point to inconsistencies with grading at times. I really appreciate the example though of a book in your possession. Opinions with or without examples still wanted. Will update the thread once I get the book back 

So the book has been submitted then?  With a book of this value, it should be walkthrough and shouldn't take you long to find out the result.  Any news yet?

27 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

So the book has been submitted then?  With a book of this value, it should be walkthrough and shouldn't take you long to find out the result.  Any news yet?

It hasn’t been submitted yet. I was thinking of dropping off in person at WW in Chicago next month. I spoke with a person I respect off line and the thought was there was a good shot it wud come back a Qualified 0.5.  It was also the second confirmation I got that this particular copy was a DC file copy.  Trying to figure how , if at all , it’s possible to get that added to the label as I’d hate for its history to get lost over the years.   

Edited by Chicago Boy

55 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

It hasn’t been submitted yet. I was thinking of dropping off in person at WW in Chicago next month. I spoke with a person I respect off line and the thought was there was a good shot it wud come back a Qualified 0.5.  It was also the second confirmation I got that this particular copy was a DC file copy.  Trying to figure how , if at all , it’s possible to get that added to the label as I’d hate for its history to get lost over the years.   

Why would you BUY a book with so much trouble. No front cover. missing CF. No real history. :makepoint: I think you be lucky to get any grade at all or maybe 000000.1. (worship)Good luck hope you get the .5 But what's real important is to get  the history on the label :whee: that alone to me is worth some

money burger.jpg

Edited by woowoo

On 7/17/2018 at 10:08 AM, woowoo said:

Why would you BUY a book with so much trouble. No front cover. missing CF. No real history. :makepoint: I think you be lucky to get any grade at all or maybe 000000.1. (worship)Good luck hope you get the .5 But what's real important is to get  the history on the label :whee: that alone to me is worth some

money burger.jpg

Got it back. Went with the recommendation to slab the insides separately from the back cover. Both ended up with a 0.1 With the insides labeled “DC Archival Copy” 

18 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Got it back. Went with the recommendation to slab the insides separately from the back cover. Both ended up with a 0.1 With the insides labeled “DC Archival Copy” 

Pics man pics