• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with online buying sources

4 posts in this topic

Hi 

I started collecting in the early 80s and quit in the the mid 90s. Sold a little when I got married and again when I bought my first house. Kept my absolute favorites and then some. My son has a birthday coming up and is asking for some older comics to read. We don't have any local comic stores and he doesn't like the new stuff that is available at department stores. I haven't shown him my old collection yet and he is young enough that I'm not ready for him to go digging through everything. Is there an online source that has a selection of comics from the 60s/70/80s in reading condition? I'm not looking for anything with stains or heavy creases as he may want to display his favorite covers in his room but something worn enough that he can't hurt them when he reads them for fun. Do to all the new superhero movies he would mostly be into Marvel. Someone that gives a better price when buying multiple books at a time would be ideal. 

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice you can offer 

1 minute ago, SilverCol said:

Hi 

I started collecting in the early 80s and quit in the the mid 90s. Sold a little when I got married and again when I bought my first house. Kept my absolute favorites and then some. My son has a birthday coming up and is asking for some older comics to read. We don't have any local comic stores and he doesn't like the new stuff that is available at department stores. I haven't shown him my old collection yet and he is young enough that I'm not ready for him to go digging through everything. Is there an online source that has a selection of comics from the 60s/70/80s in reading condition? I'm not looking for anything with stains or heavy creases as he may want to display his favorite covers in his room but something worn enough that he can't hurt them when he reads them for fun. Do to all the new superhero movies he would mostly be into Marvel. Someone that gives a better price when buying multiple books at a time would be ideal. 

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice you can offer 

Sounds like he's better off with collected volumes, omnibuses, or trade paper backs.  These are readily available via Amazon.  Is there a basis for why he doesn't like the new stuff?  There's a lot of good material from the 90s onward if you know where to look.

You could check out some of the for sale threads here.  Also, there is a want to buy section.  If you  started a thread there, someone here will most likely give you a deal on a bulk lot of readers.  

Another site to check out is mycomicshop.  They have a huge selection of back issues.  There are many other places online as well.