• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics Earns Guinness World Record

11 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, woowoo said:

DC Earns Guinness World Record for Longest Running Superhero Comic for Action Comics

https://screenrant.com/dc-action-comics-guinness-world-record/

So to clarify:  the numbers picked up not where they necessarily left off prior to the New 52 but counted those 52 in their numbering when they started back up again ?  Detective Comics then ranks second being  27 issues behind Action secondary to the title hero starting with issue #27 ?? I was told there would be no math :sorry:

On 7/20/2018 at 11:40 AM, ender said:

Anyone want to Hazzard a guess as to when DC will relaunch Adventure Comics because if they choose some abstract numbering system it can't be far from 1000 either.

They relaunched it in 2009 with a dual numbering system. It ended at 529 (just a little bit short of 1000).

On 7/20/2018 at 9:36 AM, tth2 said:

Hasn't Action Comics held the record for longest running superhero comic for every day of its existence? 

Action and Detective were both (not superhero-exclusive) anthologies for years. But, yeah, I'm not sure what's special about the title at this specific time, especially after the cancellation/numbering fiasco.

22 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

They relaunched it in 2009 with a dual numbering system. It ended at 529 (just a little bit short of 1000).

Action and Detective were both (not superhero-exclusive) anthologies for years. But, yeah, I'm not sure what's special about the title at this specific time, especially after the cancellation/numbering fiasco.

Thanks for the use of "little" lol I was thinking it had gone longer and thought they could count Adventures of Superman title and then some other creative thinking. But even that would be stretching it a lot. Sort of like Marvel's legacy numbering on Venom

14 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

How about the record for the highest price paid for an American Comic Book?

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2014/10/superman-debut-action-comics-no-1-breaks-its-own-most-expensive-comic-record-59794

Congrats @ComicConnect for the most expensive comic book, Action Comics #1 for $3.2 million! #NYCC #superman

Edited by woowoo

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

But Detective wasn't a superhero comic until its 27th issue, so it's behind Action, which was a superhero comic from day 1.

14 minutes ago, tth2 said:

But Detective wasn't a superhero comic until its 27th issue, so it's behind Action, which was a superhero comic from day 1.

:whatthe: what was so big in the 27th issue :whistle: