• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage - adding Sales Tax to more states
1 1

133 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, vodou said:
5 hours ago, tth2 said:

to help make up for their yawning budget deficits.  

Won't even make a dent. Chicago BK - 48B in unfunded liabilities - coming soon to cable news channel near you :)

Every bit counts.

But okay, if you twist my arm, I would also support sales taxes of 100%! 

I bought a card on ebay last week for 2000 bucks when they had the 10% ebay bucks, i liked the price before and the added bucks bonus dropped it to effectively 1900. I went to pay after hitting BIN....got his with 158 dollars in sales tax?!?! That was a first, thats gotta work its way into my buying even on ebay!

10 hours ago, batman_fan said:
21 hours ago, tth2 said:

It is every patriotic citizen's duty to pay all taxes that are due and payable, including state sales tax on internet transactions. 

The only shame is that sales taxes aren't higher.

Don't worry, they will be.

:wishluck:

I hardly ever read the “updated user agreement” in this case for eBay, but did this time. Looks like a lot of states will be collecting taxes soon. It’s just not clear to me if eBay will be collecting taxes as buyers check out, ala Zhamlou, or they were deduct from a seller’s PayPal what they owe in taxes. Read both practices in two different eBay users agreements. Here’s one. Anyone care to research and verify? Voudou? You love taxes.

i know that eBay gets dogged a lot and understandably so, but it was looking as a good alternative for OA (when the quality stuff popped up) because there was no BP or tax. That’s all the bygone days now. 

1 minute ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Voudou? You love taxes.

I do, because there are no free lunches - even thought that's all you'll be hearing about on TV for the next...er 14.5 months or so ;)

But in this case I don't care - my state is sales tax free lol

That fact was the primary motivating factor for me moving here three years ago last month. Oh that and it's state income tax free too lollol

So all you other guys are going to have to figure this one out...

2 minutes ago, vodou said:

I do, because there are no free lunches - even thought that's all you'll be hearing about on TV for the next...er 14.5 months or so ;)

But in this case I don't care - my state is sales tax free lol

That fact was the primary motivating factor for me moving here three years ago last month. Oh that and it's state income tax free too lollol

So all you other guys are going to have to figure this one out...

So when do you start your drop shipping business ?