• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Authentic Bob Kane signature? BATMAN: NOW THE LEGEND
1 1

16 posts in this topic

I don't know anything about the certification company, but a Google search turns up nothing but some items with this type of cert and nothing about the company itself.  Usually that's a bad sign.  The paper looks like something you could print on at home.  I see it has an embossed seal but can't make it out.  Likewise can't make out the address.  Try searching the address and doing a reverse phone search on the number.

From this site: Unless a certificate of authenticity originates from and is signed by either the artist who created the art, the publisher of the art (in the case of limited editions), a confirmed established dealer or agent of the artist (not a casual third party or reseller), or an acknowledged expert on the artist, that certificate is pretty much meaningless.

TLDR; looks sketchy to me and I wouldn't trust it.

52 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

There are so many fake Bob Kane autographs it would be almost impossible to verify between the real and fake ones. Tread lightly when searching for true autographs. 

I have the signed Dynamic forces Legends of the dark knight I've heard so many stories now I'm wondering if it is 100% true. I also have the following signed comics by: Gil Kane Nodell Byrne Kirby Lee Infantino Spidey sketch by Romita sr. To cap that off I have two copies of some of them.  

9 hours ago, catman76 said:

Kane never saw any Batman artwork he didn't want to stick his signature on and claim as his. The more you find out about the guy the more you hate him.

Aw you're just angry that his creation jailed your other half so many times.:bigsmile:

gotham_city_mugshots___catwoman_by_costalonga-d6oc84b.jpg

19 hours ago, oakman29 said:

There are so many fake Bob Kane autographs it would be almost impossible to verify between the real and fake ones. Tread lightly when searching for true autographs. 

This